confusion

Completely different species. Google each and you'll see just how different they look. I dont know much about the Cristatus, but I know they are totally different.

In what sense? Like, as in care?

Edit- yea totally different species. Not two you can breed together, if that's what you're thinking!

Edit- yea totally different species. Not two you can breed together, if that's what you're thinking!

Just because they are the same genus doesn't mean they can interbreed...

Cristatus are from lower Africa, Calyptratus are from Yemen. Their habitats are different and so are their care. They're much more difficult to keep for beginners. They're called "Crested" due to the fin on their backs.

Reactions: Hoj
not what i was saying -_________- the book has a calyptratus mislabeled as cristatus i thought they were like the same thing

i keep both and they are as different as two chams can be... from look, to keeping and attitude for sure... i love the cristatus tho

not what i was saying -_________- the book has a calyptratus mislabeled as cristatus i thought they were like the same thing

i get what yer saying..i actually had a book that had a few mis labled pics as well..like for instance one i remember clearly (because i was corrected by the pro at the shop, and wanted to know everything i could so ied look cool to him, )well the spurs on the back heels of a veiled or chameleo calyptratus are indication of a male...it was labled female...booo:mad: but i learned it was wrong..:D

p.s. this was when i was 12..pissed me off, i spent my allowance of 19.99 on it, came out to like 23 bucks!! thats alot for a 12 yo to be given the wrong info..damn typos lol

Back
Top Bottom