Concerning find

Devin101829

so this to me looks like a worm.. this is the first i’ve see of this. my veild (female) is about 5 months old. she has a very diverse diet. ranges from horn worms, dubia roaches, meal worms, wax worms, and super worms. she’s very active. i haven’t noticed anything off. i just moved her to a completely organic enclosure. i don’t think it’s a plant fiber but i could be wrong. i haven’t gotten her poop tested yet. but i just wanted a few guesses as to what this is. (don’t be alarmed by the water bowl, i know still water isn’t great to have in a enclosure. but it’s just used to catch water and i empty and rinse it everyday)

Attachments

• 48EB9C64-DAD8-4AAE-9D2F-6AF92B5547C5.jpeg
    48EB9C64-DAD8-4AAE-9D2F-6AF92B5547C5.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 41
so this to me looks like a worm.. this is the first i’ve see of this. my veild (female) is about 5 months old. she has a very diverse diet. ranges from horn worms, dubia roaches, meal worms, wax worms, and super worms. she’s very active. i haven’t noticed anything off. i just moved her to a completely organic enclosure. i don’t think it’s a plant fiber but i could be wrong. i haven’t gotten her poop tested yet. but i just wanted a few guesses as to what this is. (don’t be alarmed by the water bowl, i know still water isn’t great to have in a enclosure. but it’s just used to catch water and i empty and rinse it everyday)
Ugh, its hard for me to tell. Have you ever tested her for parasites?

I’ve seen similar looking worms in my drip pan in the past but my plants are all in pots. When my umbrella got really soaked and waterlogged was when I saw them. I’m not and expert but I think that may be a soil worm and not necessarily something from the cham BUT a fecal is always best if one has not been done.

Hi not sure what type the worm is did you keep it , where did you get your substrate. By organic I take it you mean bioactive. Anyway as for your feeding, wax ,horn and mealworms aren't really staple feeders more as occasionaltreats . Black soldier fly larve, silkworms, locusts and crickets are

Back
Top Bottom