Concerned

Vshepherd0813

Hi all, I recently upgraded the enclosure for my daughters veiled Cham. For the last 6 mos. it had been living in a 10g glass terrarium which I now understand is right out. The thing is, I purchased a wonderful 48" screened enclosure, filled it with safe live plants and vines and now the Chameleon is often dark in color and doesn't really seem to be feeding. He seems lethargic. Ironically he was always a healthy light green and has grown a lot in the glass enclosure before now. And he was a voracious eater...
I mist, I have both a basking light and UV. Lots of foliage. I'm wondering if just the change has him completely stressed. Any advice as to what I might do to help him adapt and snap out of it? Or what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks!

Sometimes a totally new environment can be putting lots stress for the cham,start from the scratch making sure everything is fine n suitable for ur cham needs ,it might just simple for the cham to adjust in "time".

Sorry it's so grainy. Let me know if you have any specific questions about my setup

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 172
I would get the cage off the floor. Chams like to be up high. You should put it on an end table or something like that.

Can you see how dark he is? Very unusual until this habitat change
Usually when the cham are basking,their body turn dark which is normal,since they are absorbing the heat into their body,but if he stays dark all the time including when he is sleeping then that is a question mark for us to figure out .

Actually when I see him first thing in the morning, he's bright green - he's still asleep.
Maybe I'm jumping the gun but he used to go right after the crickets and meal worms. He doesn't seem as eager. As a matter of fact I don't think I've witnessed him eat since the first day I put him in there.
The habitat is temporarily on the ground. I'm moving in a month at which time I will have a table to put it on to raise it up.

Actually when I see him first thing in the morning, he's bright green - he's still asleep.
Maybe I'm jumping the gun but he used to go right after the crickets and meal worms. He doesn't seem as eager. As a matter of fact I don't think I've witnessed him eat since the first day I put him in there.
The habitat is temporarily on the ground. I'm moving in a month at which time I will have a table to put it on to raise it up.
You can also monitor his pooping jus to determine if he is eating n drinking or not.

Thanks to all of you. Zippy is now looking much more spry, he's moving around exploring and has been a nice light green. I think it was just new home stress.

I would also update to a linear 5.0 arcadia or other brand UVB bulb, the compact ones get mixed reviews and could cause issues down the road. The linear bulbs need to be replaced 6months-1 year, depending on the brand. :)

Back
Top Bottom