Concerned again with Pascal

Rapunzel's Pascal

Avid Member
Hey guys, I came home today to find the following all over in Pascal's enclosure. See pictures.

Before work he got his 3 meds (cisapride, metoclopramide, and metacam). He also got his 50/50 Pedialyte and water mix, 3cc.

I actually felt like he has been doing better. He seems more hydrated and I have seen stools passed. However, when I came home to this it scared me a little. I think it was diarrhea, but it could be vomit also. I am not sure. Help and thoughts???

Attachments

• IMG_20170819_153353487.jpg
    IMG_20170819_153353487.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_20170819_153542588.jpg
    IMG_20170819_153542588.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20170819_153350600.jpg
    IMG_20170819_153350600.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 148
This is annoying...every time you post for help/concern/questions you make a new thread I have to go back and waste my time looking up all the old threads to refresh my memory about what's going on.

Hey guys, I came home today to find the following all over in Pascal's enclosure. See pictures.

Before work he got his 3 meds (cisapride, metoclopramide, and metacam). He also got his 50/50 Pedialyte and water mix, 3cc.

I actually felt like he has been doing better. He seems more hydrated and I have seen stools passed. However, when I came home to this it scared me a little. I think it was diarrhea, but it could be vomit also. I am not sure. Help and thoughts???
Hi Rapunzels Paskal how long doe's vet have your boy on the metacam ? Diarrhea and vomiting is a side affect of it .

Hi, he has been in it since July 31st. I did not know that about Metacam. He goes back to the vet tomorrow, so I plan on filling her in on all that happened. He seems better today.

I am thinking diarrhea too. Thanks again for letting me know about the Metacam. Hopefully I get some good news tomorrow. He is a fighter that is for sure. I just hope I can get him to start eating on his own again soon.

I am thinking diarrhea too. Thanks again for letting me know about the Metacam. Hopefully I get some good news tomorrow. He is a fighter that is for sure. I just hope I can get him to start eating on his own again soon.
It sometimes takes a bit . Please keep us posted how vet go's tomorrow .

So all went well at Pascal's appointment. She does agree that it may have been the Metacam that caused the explosion of diarrhea on Saturday night. So we are stopping that. She wants me to continue with the Cisapride and Metcolpramide until his stools become regular. His hydration is good now. I am going to continue with the Pedialyte and water and also the carnivore care until he gets back to eating on his own. She wants me to keep offering his bugs and hopefully he will get back to eating on his own. Right now if I place silk worms in his mouth he will eat them. So I am keeping my fingers crossed he will make a full recovery. Thanks for all the support.

So all went well at Pascal's appointment. She does agree that it may have been the Metacam that caused the explosion of diarrhea on Saturday night. So we are stopping that. She wants me to continue with the Cisapride and Metcolpramide until his stools become regular. His hydration is good now. I am going to continue with the Pedialyte and water and also the carnivore care until he gets back to eating on his own. She wants me to keep offering his bugs and hopefully he will get back to eating on his own. Right now if I place silk worms in his mouth he will eat them. So I am keeping my fingers crossed he will make a full recovery. Thanks for all the support.
Wonderful news !!.

Hi, thanks for thinking of me/us. Since his vet visit Monday there has been no change. He went from his Saturday diarrhea explosion as I called it, till today just a tiny spot of poo. He still won't eat on his own. Overall else he seems like himself. We are just taking it one day at a time. I pray he eats on his own soon, but if not we will keep plugging along.

Hi, thanks for thinking of me/us. Since his vet visit Monday there has been no change. He went from his Saturday diarrhea explosion as I called it, till today just a tiny spot of poo. He still won't eat on his own. Overall else he seems like himself. We are just taking it one day at a time. I pray he eats on his own soon, but if not we will keep plugging along.
He's so lucky to have you :love:.

Back
Top Bottom