Complete List?

animal__lover

Can someone make a chameleon owner shopping list for a new owner? Like, everything I will need to buy or what you bought? It can be confusing to find info

Can someone make a chameleon owner shopping list for a new owner? Like, everything I will need to buy or what you bought? It can be confusing to find info
Beman started one on one of your other threads, with people adding additional info, as well. Basically go through the ask for help form on here, and get everything you need from each category. Check out the care info for panthers on this forum’s care sheet (it is a little out of date but still helpful) and The Chameleleon Acacdemy’s panther care sheet (most up to date) and all of their basics, species, and husbandry care modules and podcasts for more info.

Beman started one on one of your other threads, with people adding additional info, as well. Basically go through the ask for help form on here, and get everything you need from each category. Check out the care info for panthers on this forum’s care sheet (it is a little out of date but still helpful) and The Chameleleon Acacdemy’s panther care sheet (most up to date) and all of their basics, species, and husbandry care modules and podcasts for more info.
Awesome thanks!

The Chameleon academy resource is outstanding.

Such a list would—IMO—be subjective in many ways.

That said, I think it would make more sense (and you would learn much more) for you (or anyone) to compile a list yourself by perusing the Resources section and writing items down as you make your way through the articles. I did something similar.

Along with the items, you could write down any questions you may have as you go, and ask them in the forum later.

Climist misters are great, as well (I use them)! They’re usually a little cheaper than MistKings, too!

Habistat fogger. You could grab the odd plant here and there saying your not getting a cham for a while until you get sorted. See if family or friends have pothos/wandering jew. Or other plants that you like cham safe fast growing whatever and get cuttings .

I'm not familiar with this system; this is the first I've seen it, AFAIK.
I just looked over the page out of curiosity.

From the ad itself:
These misting systems provide precipitation and humidity control for various species of plants, amphibians, and reptiles. The systems are the perfect addition to your terrarium, offering everything you need for your misting needs.If you have many terrariums or something else needs water, this is the best choice for you. To get one can meet all needs.Based on our workhorse 24VDC diaphragm pump, capable of running up to 20 nozzles. This misting system is virtually silent. Pump is very robust and can run dry!!! This pump has been tested for a long time in the field and in the factory and by us personally. It has extremely low failure rates and it simply WORKS!

Then further down...
Customer questions & answers

Q: does this produce fog or only a mist?
A: Only mist!
By Melissa M. on April 4, 2020

...and FWIW: review: REPTI ZOO 10L Reptile Mister Fogger

I have no idea why they call it a fogger.

I'm thoroughly befused & discombobulated. 😖

Ok so after a lot of Neptune the Chameleon videos, here is what I've got!
  • I need a 2'x2'x4' screen cage
  • Heat bulb with a basking spot at 85-90 degrees (and an ambient temp of 75-80 degrees) Don't use a red light
  • A Linear T5 HO UBV
  • Both lights on 12 hrs. & off 12 hrs.
  • They need a 50%-70% humidity
  • A misting system (MistKing is best) on twice a day for 3-5 minutes
  • A dripper for hydration (either a DIY or store bought)
  • A good diet can be superworms, crickets, hornworms, Dubia roaches, and they need variety
  • You must gutload the insects. Some good options are kale, mango, carrots, apple, leafy greens, etc.
  • Feeding in the morning is ideal
  • They need three supplements: Calcium with NO D3, Calcium WITH D3, and a multivitamin. (P.S. I have a schedule from Neptune the Chameleon, its just rlly long to write lol)
So what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom