Compact bulbs

NashansCamos

Chameleon Enthusiast
Im an idiot. People say that compact bulbs are not good for your chameleon. I just realised that my female veiled has been living on compact bulbs for 1 1/2 yrs. When I was a new keeper, I bought the dual exo terra compact bulbs and I always thought i had the right ones. My panther, on the other hand, has the correct T5HO. I cant give you a photo right now bc its night here and the chams are sleeping. So my question is how bad are compact bulbs and is it normal thats shes healthy even when having compact bulbs?

Shes never had any health problems and is healthy and happy so I have no clue whats up bc people on here keep on saying that compacts are wrong.

one of these things

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 12.41.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 12.41.05 AM.png
    976.9 KB · Views: 130
They do put out uvb just not near as much or as good as t5 or t8, the cham almost has to bask right below the spiral ones to get any uvb

Plz upgrade it will be better for him or her

Im an idiot. People say that compact bulbs are not good for your chameleon. I just realised that my female veiled has been living on compact bulbs for 1 1/2 yrs. When I was a new keeper, I bought the dual exo terra compact bulbs and I always thought i had the right ones. My panther, on the other hand, has the correct T5HO. I cant give you a photo right now bc its night here and the chams are sleeping. So my question is how bad are compact bulbs and is it normal thats shes healthy even when having compact bulbs?
I can see how that would be hard to notice I guess. It is long and looks like a linear fixture. I’m surprised she doesn’t have any problems

I've always wondered... if the chams can see uvb, they can just put themselves under the part of the fixture that puts out UVB. So why are they bad?

I've always wondered... if the chams can see uvb, they can just put themselves under the part of the fixture that puts out UVB. So why are they bad?

Its very restricted and limits the area they can roam or bask to get uvb. They like to move around ya know!

Its very restricted and limits the area they can roam or bask to get uvb. They like to move around ya know!
yeah they like to, but thats not what im talking about. Chameleons with those, seeing the UVB, should be able to survive, even if they cant move around, right?

Compact bulbs are garbage and kill chameleons!! Promoting those on this website is giving people bad advice!! Please stop giving people bad unexperienced advice, the problem is then we have to see their half dead chameleon because of it and it is sad!!

Compact bulbs are garbage and kill chameleons!! Promoting those on this website is giving people bad advice!! Please stop giving people bad unexperienced advice, the problem is then we have to see their half dead chameleon because of it and it is sad!!
I'm not promoting compact bulbs. Im saying that my chameleon is healthy even though she lives on compact bulbs. I never said that theyre good its just that shes fine.

alright so im going to buy t5ho asap. Another reason why she hasnt had any problems could be because we take her outside a lot and she gets natural uvb from the sun almost daily. Does anybody know a good website (that ships to the uk) for buying these things. I cant find one on amazon

Last edited:
Look here are some photos of her to me she looks healthy to me. you tell me.

Attachments

• IMG_3693.jpeg
    IMG_3693.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3670.jpeg
    IMG_3670.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3687.jpeg
    IMG_3687.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 93
Back
Top Bottom