common chameleon

if i ever come to america, i'm bringing some with me. There is no law against taking them with you, as long as they are not wild animals, and are used to the human contact.
and a baby Mediterranean chameleon looks almost EXACTLY like a Veiled baby. I dont think many people can tell them apart. The adults are a different story.. After my studies finish, i seriously consider traveling or even moving to USA. For this summer though, i plan on going to Italy ;)

if i ever come to america, i'm bringing some with me. There is no law against taking them with you, as long as they are not wild animals, and are used to the human contact.
and a baby Mediterranean chameleon looks almost EXACTLY like a Veiled baby. I dont think many people can tell them apart. The adults are a different story.. After my studies finish, i seriously consider traveling or even moving to USA. For this summer though, i plan on going to Italy ;)

Yes, there are laws against taking them with you. This species is protected by CITES and taking them across international boarders without a permit and inspection by both countries is illegal.

Chris

i dont think anyone involved would be able able to identify a baby common from a baby veiled, especially if i take adult Veileds with me.. Anyway, my purpose so far is just to help the chameleons by breeding them and releasing them, all those i posted are hypothetical, i cant possibly know what will come in the future, but that's just an idea. Proper breeders are better than any CITES law, to provid an animal from going extinct etc. In my opinion, always.

i dont think anyone involved would be able able to identify a baby common from a baby veiled, especially if i take adult Veileds with me.. Anyway, my purpose so far is just to help the chameleons by breeding them and releasing them, all those i posted are hypothetical, i cant possibly know what will come in the future, but that's just an idea. Proper breeders are better than any CITES law, to provid an animal from going extinct etc. In my opinion, always.

Veiled Chameleons are protected by CITES as well. In fact, all chameleons except some of the Rhampholeon species are protected by CITES. You might want to do some research on the laws and their purpose before you decide that they are worthless and which ones you should and should not obey. There are faults to a lot of wildlife laws, including CITES, but the second you decide you know better than the law, you have become the exact problem that these laws were enacted to combat.

Chris

By the time i decide to do what i want to do, i may even have the proper CITES licence... as i told you, i'm still not ready for a different step... i just enjoy raising mine.

greetings from a little chameleon friend I met in Spain! :)

o5cm76.jpg

23jkeh.jpg

I am about to write an article about chameleons in southern Spain, I hope I can post it on the forums to give more visibility to the amazing work of the people involved in the common chameleon conservation project in Andalusia!

greetings from a little chameleon friend I met in Spain! :)

o5cm76.jpg

23jkeh.jpg

I am about to write an article about chameleons in southern Spain, I hope I can post it on the forums to give more visibility to the amazing work of the people involved in the common chameleon conservation project in Andalusia!

cool!:eek:

Back
Top Bottom