Colors?

LSepkowski

I'm sure that this is somewhere in the forums, but I really can not find a specific post about this topic. Which species of chameleons display the bright reds, greens, yellows, blues etc.? Are they all able to do it when they get older, or is it limited to certain species?

Panther Chameleons, Furcifer Pardalis, are the ones known for the most vivid color displays and the widest variety. They are named after many different 'locales' like Ambilobe, Nosy Be, Ambanja and Sambava, with different color schemes generally matching each locale.

You could look a little harder next time ;) Check out resources anywhere on the internet.

edit: That's not to say other species aren't very colorful; Panthers are simply among the most colorful and have a large variety of possibilities. Carpet chameleons can also be very colorful, and veiled chameleons can get very vivid yellows, greens and cyans, or even be translucent!

I just suck at google-ing. No matter what I type in the results never are close to what my search is. =p

Back
Top Bottom