coloring problems

cam198

i have a veild chameleon and hes always this brown color how do i solve this problem? and wat is causing it?

Hello cam198, welcome to the Chameleon Forums :)

For future use, please do not post the same question in multiple areas. Without a detailed description of your setup and chameleon, I don't think many people will be able to offer much advice. [THREAD=66]Check out this link[/THREAD] for suggestions on what details to include. It can take a few minutes, but by doing so you will get more accurate help.

Care sheet for veileds

Hey! Eric A. has a wonderfully detailed caresheet for veileds. Click on this link then scroll down to the purple Veiled Chameleon Caresheet link..click on it and in a second or two a box should pop up for you to download it to your computer. If the box doesn't pop up the first time, just click the link again. The first portion of the caresheet has some general cham information and then there is some more detailed veiled info at the bottom! It's exactly what you need! Tara

http://www.zorabellarose.com/chameleons.html

How old is he, and what kind of cage is he in?

Many veileds will go through a brown or maroon phase for the first year to year and a half. As they start to mature, they'll show nice, pleasent bright colors at night, and eventually during the day. If they are obviously adults, full grown, and showing nice colors at night, but ugly brown and gray in the day - it's usually a husbandry issue.

What worked for me was simply raising him up. I put him in a smaller cage, that was mounted on the wall. He was able to get over 6' up in the air. In a matter of hours, he went from ugly as sin, to, well, check out the pictures on the link in the above post!

Their enclosure type matters as well. If they are shy, they'll need more plants. Maybe they're too cold, or stressed in another way.

I find th e#1 cause of "ugly veiled syndrome" is improper housing. And the #1 fix is to simply put the cage as high up as you can go without burning the cieling of your room!

he is about 2 years old and he is a dark brown color and he is skinny he eats like a pig but it doesnt seem to make a difference. i have a tank that is 2 and a half feet tall and 2 feet wide and it has wood framing with a big screen door and a screened top with plexi glass windows around it. it also has tree branches screwed into it and fake silk vines. he seems really skiddish when i open the door to feed him i realling care about him:eek:

Back
Top Bottom