Colony Chams?

Tihshho

Established Member
As we all know we keep our Cham's separate no matter the size of the enclosure. While reading into some other species I've noticed that some people keep their Pygmy species in colonies. Are the Pygmy's the only species that do well as a colony? I know I have read that sometimes females need to be pulled to be given a break from males.

I don't know if "colony" is the right word, but some people keep Meller's together communally in large free range setups. For close quarters, however, pygs are the only example I know of

How large is large? Are we talking about a dedicated room with multiple trees, or are we talking about a greenhouse with over 1000sqft?

You will have to ask a Meller's keeper for logistical details ;)

I believe @Mawtyplant keeps Meller's, she may have some input
That’s correct!;) I keep my melleri together! But! They all have a separate territory each territory about 3 meters with separate uvb basking and food spot! If one try to cross to the others territory they will flap and protect their land 90% of the time they stay where they belong;)
For my brookesia they live together with no problem/agressive behaviour

Don’t forget one things : colony can be a problem for disease and parasites if one fall sick all the other gonna suffer and that is a really expensive vet bill so be ready;)

Back
Top Bottom