Colder Ohio nights.

Twells92

Established Member
So I am NE Ohio, and moved into a new house as of this year which has 2 floors. My Cham is upstairs in the bedroom because it’s the least trafficked. It’s starting to get cold at night (40s) but not enough to turn the furnace on and make the downstairs into an oven. I cover the cage right as lights go off. What are my best options? CHE bulb in my dual-fixture on a thermostat? Or actual CHE? Space/oil heater?

if its a panther or veiled, as long as temps are in the 50's or higher at night, and day basking area(not cage temps) is in a upper 80's lower 90's, you are fine.

If anything i had troubles trying to keep humidity up and air temps in the 70's during the winter. Its a lot easier to mainage humidity and mold when its 55-60 vs 5-10 degrees above what you have the furnace set to.

Starting to drop into the 40s

In the house??????

im in the middle of the rock and roll hall of fame and the football hall of fame. Or furnace has kicked like 3 times in 1 week, lizard room has not dropped below 70 in the morning yet. lights keep it above 70 during the day

This was what I was referring too.
You can run a dual dome with CHE on one side and light/heat during the day. However the Arcadia deep heat projector can be ran day or night but you and your chameleon will lose UVA and visible light from running during the day.

Only worried about it at night. All other reptiles are downstairs so everything’s been good on that end. Just worried because of new house and not sure how it’s gonna handle winter with it already dropping so low in doors. I removed the ac unit and out window insulation up. Our rooms closed off outside of sleep/bed time activities. She sees no traffic outside of feedings and us changing clothes or something quick.

With the ac/fan out of the windows & the insulation up, it only dropped to 63 last night. Hopefully it stays decent up there for the next couple weeks.

Back
Top Bottom