Coconut fiber

ML20

How often should I switch the zoo med eco Earth coconut fiber substrate that I'm using as bedding for my chameleon's enclosure?

I don't know if I would use the word "bedding" since they live off the ground. The only reason I would use it all is for aesthetics. I don't see any reason to change it all all

Keep in mind almost all soil is bioactive (soil bacteria and fungi). Personally, I think nothing ruins a beautiful naturalistic vivarium like a stark bottom. I would at least scatter some leaves on the bottom.

Eco earth coconut fiber isn't soil. Bioactive is a different situation than this. I've no problem with bioactive as long as it's done right and maintained properly.

Agree to disagree. A "stark" bottom is so much easier to clean & maintain—especially for an older disabled person—it isn't funny. And the look of it doesn't bother me one iota—it's the top where I do most of my looking, because that's where whatsisface (just added 2 names to the list! 🤗 ) always is. There's nothing in the bottom except dead leaves & dried 💩.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom