Coastal Views

Miss Lily

Chameleon Enthusiast
Went to Freshwater Bay at the weekend and got some coastal view photos. As usual I thought I'd share - it's always nice to see where other people live! (Or is it just me that's nosy? Lol!)

Freshwater Bay
TheBay.jpg

A door in the cliff!
CliffSteps.jpg

A looooong way down! I didn't want to get too close to the cliff edge, lol!
LongWayDown.jpg

The climb was well worth it for the view at the top!:D
CliffView.jpg

I just love this photo!:D
CliffEdge.jpg

Love that Door in the Cliff photo :D

Didn't they used to do Rocket Testing during the second world war down there ?? I'm sure some of the rooms were underground, i remember watching a programme on it a few months ago.

They did. Don't think it was there though, more towards The Needles (possibly The Needles Battery) I think, a bit further on than Freshwater. I remember watching that programme too!

Edit: Just at the top of that pic you can see some sort of fencing - this is around a bungalow that is precariously close to the edge! Wouldn't want to live there!

Here's another pic from further away - you can just see the corner of the bungalow and how close it is! Sadly a lot of the coastline in that part of the Island is not there anymore - even in the space of my lifetime a LOT has disappeared into the sea.:( There's a theme park further along the coast called Blackgang Chine and they have to keep moving everything further inland as so much has been lost to cliff falls over the years.

CliffTopHouse.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom