closed eyes..help me

ckb1031

10days ago - can't shoot tongue (he tried to keep shooting but couldn't leave the mouth.) then I gave lots of calcium and vitamins with cricket
07days ago - better than 3days ago (near normalization)
04days ago -
upload_2017-7-28_13-48-21.png

upload_2017-7-28_13-49-27.png

left eye-closed(like sleep)
right eye-half-closed eyes(there is no visible sight in the photo, but tears in the eye center.)
When he sleeps, he open eye and sleeps like a picture.
03days ago - all eyes closed
today -

A shed has formed. on the right eye
I've been mist showering three days before.(10minutes) for remove any foreign object in the eye
He lives in an environment of 50~75 percent humidity. eight-month anniversary.

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-28_13-48-22.png
    upload_2017-7-28_13-48-22.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
A review of your lighting (how old and what kind of bulb),temperatures and misting times/duration is needed ASAP.
I would start with a shower as first aide.

"Shower - Another method of providing water, especially to dehydrated chameleons, is by using a shower. Place a large plant in the tub, aim the shower head against the wall, and run the water so that only a fine mist reaches the chameleon. The water should be room temperature (not hot!). They may drink for up to 30 minutes. Make sure to supervise your chameleon at all times while using this method."

shed was cleared clean and perfect.(him self)
I met a vet.
vet was opened his eyelids open and washed by saline solution. +antibiotics(for eyes), Anti-inflammatory(for eyes)
so opened his eyes with his own strength. but opened eyes times <<< closed eyes times (At the rate of 8:2)
vet says : clean the eyes by antibiotics(for eyes), Anti-inflammatory(for eyes) three times a day.
Is this the right way to heal?

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - male, age 8month , 7month cared
  • Handling - Once every two days for force feeding|||| every days for eye lotion(these days)
  • Feeding - super worm, cricket , Once every two days
  • Supplements - calcium- once every two days, multi vit-once every two weeks
  • Watering - using misting system 2~3minutes 3~4times a day
  • Fecal Description - After being blind, the frequency of drinking water became less frequent. a slight dehydration(orange poop)
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type -screen high-34inch 20inchx20inch
  • Lighting - reptiglo 24w 12hours
  • Temperature - 78~87 (now here is wet and hot summer)
  • Humidity - 50~80 (average 65)
  • Plants - benjamin
  • Placement - veranda
  • Location - korea

Back
Top Bottom