Climbing tree?

xxaprilrose

Established Member
I’ve seen these on multiple Cham breeder instagrams where they have a wood tree for chams to climb (outside of the enclosure) and it’s just the branches, no leaves or anything. Anyone know where I can buy something like that? I’m looking for a fairly tall branch tree to put my Cham on when he’s out of his enclosure because my new 4 month old is just always begging to come out but I got nowhere to put him and he’s super fast so I can’t hold him long lol but I prefer no real plants. Honestly I only do real plants in my reptiles enclosures, not in my house.

For me I get mine from the desert they are dead trees from wild fires 🔥 in the past. Luckily the desert is only a couple miles from me 😆. I have the option to clean and cut whatever is needed for making a perch.

Attachments

• 0FDFA78E-68C0-47D5-9689-3DBCFB9B2FA0.jpeg
    0FDFA78E-68C0-47D5-9689-3DBCFB9B2FA0.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 105
thanks everyone! good ideas. i think this spring/summer I will try and go out and look for one. Right now its in the dead of winter and I would never be able to find one lol but hopefully i can find some cool ones to make into a tree for my lil guys :)

I’ve seen these on multiple Cham breeder instagrams where they have a wood tree for chams to climb (outside of the enclosure) and it’s just the branches, no leaves or anything. Anyone know where I can buy something like that?
For someone normally over-concerned about stress, why would you want to put him in a place he cannot hide and feel secure?

First I've heard of this. Seems counterintuitive... "Give them plenty of places to hide," "Pretend you can't see them,"

I’m looking for a fairly tall branch tree to put my Cham on when he’s out of his enclosure because my new 4 month old is just always begging to come out but I got nowhere to put him and he’s super fast so I can’t hold him long lol but I prefer no real plants. Honestly I only do real plants in my reptiles enclosures, not in my house.
OMG, your poor house! :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Whether real or not, I'd still look for something with foliage. Ficus Benjamina? Philodendron?
When my guy is out, he (usually) alternates between the highest (unprotected) perch, and hiding in a hanging spider plant a couple of feet below. He'll hang/hide in that spider plant for hours on end.

Whatever you find, placing it near a window they can look out should help keep them (and their attention) on what's out the window rather than a lot of running around. ;)

Back
Top Bottom