Climbing Arrangement

Vickitty123

My female veiled is about 6 months now, she's been treated for MBD and has been improving a ton. Although, lately shes been struggling a lil more to get around. She still tremours and cant quite reach certain angle to move how she wants.
Ive arranged her branches several ways, but I feel like I never get it quite right. Is there a method to your arrangements? Some sort of pattern to follow or do you just get lucky and/or adjust as needed?

Attachments

• 20190721_162555.jpg
    20190721_162555.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 128
Mine are random, but I have lots of branches in various directions (some vertical, some horizontal, some diagonal. I've also used lanai and monkey ladder vines which are very wavy and give a lot of options for climbing and perching.

Some of it may be your girl just learning what she can and can no longer do. Can you post a photo of the whole cage?

Here's mine currently, and it would help me if I could see all of your setups aswell

Attachments

• 20190816_094028.jpg
    20190816_094028.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 98
  • 20190816_094039.jpg
    20190816_094039.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 100
If you don't like the unnatural look of the dowels you can make your own based on their design out of natural branches and tip ties or twine. Some chameleons with MBD will recover well enough to use normal branches if it is sever and they have bred limbs then they may need ladders all of their life.

Check out the monkey ladder and lanai, too. They’re curvy, and when laid diagonally they create a sort of ramp/ladder. I use them for Clarice, who does not have MBD but she is a very cautious girl. She loves them!

You can find them here, under terrarium wood. I’d go for 1-2” diameter. The 3” is not as bendy and is quite wide, but also nice.
http://www.blackjungleterrariumsupply.com/Vines-Liana_c_96.html

You can see one in the pic, but some of her others are much more bendy and almost ladder like.

B3D5C8EC-609D-49D1-8C75-4778FEE6D34F.jpeg

As for plants my favorites are pathos and schefflera mostly because they do well in a chameleon cage. Pothos vines can be wound around branches to crate cover and ad some stability.

Here's mine currently, and it would help me if I could see all of your setups aswell
It looks like you have a really nice Pothos hanging over the front of her cage. Put it in the cage and wind the vines of it around (securing as needed) and that will give her a lot more ‘roads’ to travel.

It looks like you have a really nice Pothos hanging over the front of her cage. Put it in the cage and wind the vines of it around (securing as needed) and that will give her a lot more ‘roads’ to travel.
Im worrues about it being the wrong kind of pothos. Isnt golden toxic?

I have a large ficus (orange home depot bucket) and 1 large and 1 still small hibiscus (they give beautiful flowers) I also have 3 pothos growing (2 large ones and a small), and I have 1 very large money tree.

I have a large ficus (orange home depot bucket) and 1 large and 1 still small hibiscus (they give beautiful flowers) I also have 3 pothos growing (2 large ones and a small), and I have 1 very large money tree.
Oh, I also have one teeny tiny schefferela that I hope grows in nicely.

Back
Top Bottom