Climb high Rhea

Rhea’s mum

Established Member
So we had to put Rhea to sleep on the 22nd (not going to confuse things with the whole American/British way of writing dates).

As I have documented in my previous post she had to have surgery for follicular stasis. She then aspirated liquid food, leading to severe aspiration pneumonia. She was placed on ceftaz which she actually had a reaction to. She was constantly itching and rubbing (black mark on gular pouch on previous post) after we would give it to her (vets didn't notice as they don't spend all day with her when she was with them for a week). After switching antibiotics she went downhill and the infection spread and became systemic along with her tongue also becoming necrotic.

The hardest part was to say goodbye in the car outside, as we weren't allowed in with her. The hubby was absolutely devastated, even though Rhea wanted to rip his fingers off every time he went near her. We know we did everything possible for her and there was nothing we could do. I know the aspiration was partly my fault as I was the one giving her the liquid feed, but I made sure to do it slow and put it to the back, but I am not taking this to heart as I know these things can happen.

We are going to stay in the hobby and have already put a deposit down on a new baby who we will get in a months time.

I have also been wary of posting on here because I felt like I didn't have the right after she died and I didn't have a chameleon (yes I know it sounds stupid, I have confidence issues and have seen a therapist for it).

I will say thank you for any condolences given now, as I want to continue to move forward. She will always be in her hearts and we already know exactly what we are going to do with her ashes when we get them back.

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry for your loss! I feel grateful I got to see her life unfold here on the forums! This is a wonderful place, and of course we welcome you here. It is a community, and there are many working parts to a community!! I can't wait to see the new guy, but not to overshadow Rhea; I loved seeing photos and updates about her. Again, I am so sorry for your tremendous loss. I can imagine it was very hard on you and your husband both.

Oh no! I’m sorry that I missed this and even sorrier that you had to let Rhea go. 😢 It’s always a hard decision, but is always one made with love. My deepest condolences to you and your family. 💗
I do hope you’ll continue here on the forum, whether you have a chameleon or not. You have unique insight, knowledge and experience and I hope you’ll continue to share it all.

I am very sorry for your loss. You and your husband did everything that you could for her.

Your baby will take a dance over the Rainbow Bridge. Keep her memory close to your hearts.

Back
Top Bottom