Climate of the homecountry of The Yemen Chameleon

Wow, that is lots of information. How long do they live in the wild and how long should they live in captivity under the best conditions?

Gets hot there, an ambient of 80s is going to be more intense than a warm basking spot with room temp ambient. Means many days will likely be in the 90s with little rain where they live. Not saying to replicate this, but graphs of averages can be misleading... for example, our average is about 83-84, half our month is mid 90s though.

And what, a dry season is needed or they die young?

And we have the wild ones that have adapted to South Florida climate with the heat and humidity and I guess subtropical year round. Hallmark of an invasive species is that they can adapt. I am sorry but I don't have fogger and all these mister and light controls for mine but trying to provide it with best life.

The Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean has been taken over by the invasive lionfish. This is a tropical IndoPacific species that had specific water, temperature and salinity requirements in it's native habitat and now can survive estuarine, deep sea and all sorts of coastal and shelf habitats. It had to adapt. It has the advantage of fast reproduction and chams don't.

Gets hot there, an ambient of 80s is going to be more intense than a warm basking spot with room temp ambient. Means many days will likely be in the 90s with little rain where they live. Not saying to replicate this, but graphs of averages can be misleading... for example, our average is about 83-84, half our month is mid 90s though.

And what, a dry season is needed or they die young?

well, the wuestion is how big is rhe span from which the averages arecalculated
True they are able to be a bit flexible
But the variability is nit rhag hogh in Yemen as yiu say fornyiur homecountry (definitely 20-degrees as you declare (if I calculate what you say

by definition, cold leriod sikulated as meaningfuly mild dry and cold season prolongs the life span inevitably

And we have the wild ones that have adapted to South Florida climate with the heat and humidity and I guess subtropical year round. Hallmark of an invasive species is that they can adapt. I am sorry but I don't have fogger and all these mister and light controls for mine but trying to provide it with best life.

in biological terms
The dact rhey can survive even different conditions than in their homecountry is NOat xalled adaptation. The dew generation rhey are in FL can no real adaptation process find a place

The Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean has been taken over by the invasive lionfish. This is a tropical IndoPacific species that had specific water, temperature and salinity requirements in it's native habitat and now can survive estuarine, deep sea and all sorts of coastal and shelf habitats. It had to adapt. It has the advantage of fast reproduction and chams don't.

they did jot adapt
Rhey occuoy the free niches because the habitat changes arenin accordance with their tollerance span
Rhisnis again jo ezample of Adaptation per se, just invasion of a species that can live in such conditions

In the geologic record, did North America ever have chameleons? There seems to be a niche available for retractable bullet tongue feeders. We have nothing like it. We have the Carolina Anole and many others but no true chams.

In the geologic record, did North America ever have chameleons? There seems to be a niche available for retractable bullet tongue feeders. We have nothing like it. We have the Carolina Anole and many others but no true chams.
No never
They do not belong in the nearctic region

We don't have dry season in our home and they are cooled with AC. All we can do is adjust lighting times and mister.

IMHO the keepernis obliged to provide the required comditions so that the animal can thrive and perform all natural behaviors. Tjisnis also what rhe european law says.
Not doing so is considered animal torture and is pujishable by law.
IMHO if jot able to siulate the natural conditions, people should nit excuse bur abscond from keeping a species.

Itnis same asnif younwould want to keep a horse in the middle of rhendesert and saying, sorry, Inhave no geass to feed it...

Back
Top Bottom