Clear poop

bleudolphin

Every since I moved my panther chameleon to her new cage, which was on Sept 21th. She used to be a big eater about 8 large cricket. I have no seen her eat since. I did notice yesterday that she may have eaten 2 crickets. I put in 5 and at the end of the day there was only 3. However I have yet to see her eat. Now on to my question when she pooped this morning it was clear gel like. I have seen her drink I have been misting her cage down about every 2 hours when I am not at work. I do have a drip system set up. I see her drink after I spray her cage. Can someone tell me what clear poop means?

IMO, I do not believe that the clear (capsule) poop necessarily leads to any specific pathology. From what I understand some times thats the way it happens. Maybe someone else will have more details. My male Ambi often has this type of defecation, and as far as I can tell he's normal!
A BUNCH of people have been taking about their chams taking a while to adjust to their new cage, and eating much less than expected. I saw a good idea from one of the other threads; to put the old cage inside the new cage and let your cham gradually adjust moving from one to the other, and then taking the old cage out after a while.

Questions?

If a cham is not eating much but still drinking they will often pass something that sounds like what you are seeing. My only question would be what the age/size of your cham is in proportion to cage size. Sometimes, if the cage is too big for the cham they have trouble getting learning to search for the food. In a small cage the food is readily visable and they don't have to work much to get it. A bigger cage means more work in getting the food. Not sure if this is the case at all. Just a question.

Back
Top Bottom