Clear or Solid Chameleon Baby Bins?

If you are referring to a storage tote, I don't think the color matters imo. As long as lighting, humidity, and heat reequipments are met. When I was using totes, I like the high walled ones made by HOMZ. It has high walls, and the walls are vertical so there are no wasted gap space between bins. These totes had clear walls but I would have bout if they were any color due to the size and shape I was looking for. The availability seems to be limited now though.
https://www.target.com/p/homz-heavy...uart-capacity-2-pack/-/A-80038007#lnk=sametab

I am having better success with butterfly cages lately. Less fruit flies escaping out compared to when I use bins.

If you are referring to a storage tote, I don't think the color matters imo. As long as lighting, humidity, and heat reequipments are met. When I was using totes, I like the high walled ones made by HOMZ. It has high walls, and the walls are vertical so there are no wasted gap space between bins. These totes had clear walls but I would have bout if they were any color due to the size and shape I was looking for. The availability seems to be limited now though.
https://www.target.com/p/homz-heavy...uart-capacity-2-pack/-/A-80038007#lnk=sametab

I am having better success with butterfly cages lately. Less fruit flies escaping out compared to when I use bins.
Oh okay thanks for the info. I’m just worried about the visual stress the babies might have due to seeing other big chameleons. So i will probably get the solid color one if it does not matter 👍🏽 If anybody has anymore opinions about this let me and everybody know.

Oh okay thanks for the info. I’m just worried about the visual stress the babies might have due to seeing other big chameleons. So i will probably get the solid color one if it does not matter 👍🏽 If anybody has anymore opinions about this let me and everybody know.
I opted for opaque dues to stress levels. I had the same mindset. I didn't want the babies to see something that stressed them out too much.

I used clear but put contact paper on the sides that faced other cages. Thar way I had as much view as possible but they couldn't stare each other down.

The contact paper has to be on the outside of the bins. If you put it on the inside the edges can be sticky and the babies will get stuck to it. Never use tape or anything adhesive inside a chameleon cage.

Back
Top Bottom