clear bugs in cage

whysoez420

my cage is 2x2x4 same as the rest with a white plastic slate at the bottom.
well for drainage i have drilled a 2 inch hole in the middle of the plastic that goes through the table underneath. well i noticed that between the white slate and table is a bit of water which is natural but i also noticed these little fully white/clear bugs crawling around in the water. they seem to only be around the water tho. theres tons of dry area but none that can be seen there.
i can tell they definately arent pin heads because they are 100% clear/white and are in water which id assume would cause them to drown.
any help is greatly appreciated. to add more info theres only 1 plant it is a schefflura, i don't put fruit or anything in the cage and my cham is the only pet i have in my house.

perhaps a photo to help us out?
It would also help if you filled out the "how to ask for help" form...

perhaps a photo to help us out?
It would also help if you filled out the "how to ask for help" form...

a photo wouldn't help as they are to small to show up you would need a very good camera. also the how to ask for help doesn't really apply here but thank you for your input.

/edit, btw the people on this site are very knowledgable and will probably know what kind of bug it is by what i've described.
i actually did forget to add that they kind of look like they have wings.

a photo wouldn't help as they are to small to show up you would need a very good camera. also the how to ask for help doesn't really apply here but thank you for your input.

/edit, btw the people on this site are very knowledgable and will probably know what kind of bug it is by what i've described.
i actually did forget to add that they kind of look like they have wings.

Is your table wood??? Maybe termites thet are there just my 2cents

This is what i pictured

Is your table wood??? Maybe termites thet are there just my 2cents

This is what i pictured

am i looking at the white?
they don't look like that. they look like little clear winged ants almost.
it was hard to even tell if it was bugs or not at first because i thought it was just reflection from the water moving but i looked and inspected for a good ten mins today and there is definately things there.

am i looking at the white?
they don't look like that. they look like little clear winged ants almost.
it was hard to even tell if it was bugs or not at first because i thought it was just reflection from the water moving but i looked and inspected for a good ten mins today and there is definately things there.

Its near that you can see them if you zoom in they look like little ants like you said

Its near that you can see them if you zoom in they look like little ants like you said

ah i see them now.
the ones in my chams cage are white/clear no other color at all.
almost looks like they have wings i need to get a closer look tomorrow.

ah i see them now.
the ones in my chams cage are white/clear no other color at all.
almost looks like they have wings i need to get a closer look tomorrow.

This a pic from google they look the same as the before pic they are attracted to moisture especially wood so if they look similar because there is also flying termites

This a pic from google they look the same as the before pic they are attracted to moisture especially wood so if they look similar because there is also flying termites

yes that is probably what they are :(
how the heck did i get them tho. i live in an apartment.
wouldn't they have to come from a queen or something?
in fact, i'm suprised the table hasn't collapsed then if they are termites.
the cage and everything is already at least 60 lb.

also they are smaller than the average termite.
so if they are than they are babies or something.
i can't wait until tomorrow to check it out this is bugging me.

also they are smaller than the average termite.
so if they are than they are babies or something.
i can't wait until tomorrow to check it out this is bugging me.

Yeah thats weird a trail should be visible walls ect these are just my opinions if they are in fact termites when you check tomorrow you should burn that table thats the only way to get rid of them on that table and check around i am hoping they are not termites

Yeah thats weird a trail should be visible walls ect these are just my opinions if they are in fact termites when you check tomorrow you should burn that table thats the only way to get rid of them on that table and check around i am hoping they are not termites

yeah i really hope not as well.
thanks for the help, if they are termites i'm throwing out my chams whole plant as well.
not taking the chance that they are in the soil.
downfall is no new plant for my plump friend till summer.
what a load of crap i hate bugs, hopefully they haven't harmed him in any way.

do you have any natural wood branches in you chams cage? they can even be on a stick found in you yard. they could have also been in the plant soil if it is a compost planting soil.
if you live in an apt. then if you have your guy by a window check the seals and wood around the doors and windows, older apts are bad for having them. the wood will just crumble or indent easy. sometimes it will look like the wood is just rotting but is really the termites doing there damage and moving on.

do you have any natural wood branches in you chams cage? they can even be on a stick found in you yard. they could have also been in the plant soil if it is a compost planting soil.
if you live in an apt. then if you have your guy by a window check the seals and wood around the doors and windows, older apts are bad for having them. the wood will just crumble or indent easy. sometimes it will look like the wood is just rotting but is really the termites doing there damage and moving on.

i do have natural branches but they have been in there for a year since i got my cham and i baked everything before hand. and washed everything.
also the soil is organic. the only place the bugs are noticed or can be seen is below the plant base and under it in water. it's like they don't like the light and love the water.

Back
Top Bottom