Cleaning your enclosure!

littlefoot3

How long does it take you and how do you normally go about it? How often? How does your cham feel about it when you do?

It depends...I leave paper towels on the bottom of mines cage which makes for a very easy wipe once or twice a day, because I'm a little OCD about the standing water. I give the plant and the cage a good thorough cleaning about once a month, but it depends on how messy he is. I'll take the entire cage outside and hose everything off. My boyfriend usually holds him when I do this, or I put him on the free range. Mine is used to the cleanings. Especially me going into the cage and wiping the floor down, he makes it his mission to climb onto my head while I'm cleaning :)

I forgot to mention that I don't use any cleaning products on his cage...I just spray it with water and let it dry in the sun.

Nope, it usually dries quickly. It typically doesn't take more than an hour from start to getting it set back up in the house.

I wipe it out every day when I take out the tray that caught the water from the mister. And my son holds him when I do or he climbs out on my head!

Right now I'm trying to figure out how cleaning is going to go with a second floor apartment. The whole wiping down thing will be fairly easy, but as far as cleaning the whole thing....Still trying to work that out.

I'm in a townhouse and my cham is in our room on the 2nd floor...It's a pain in the butt to move our 2x2x4 foot cage up and down the stairs, but that's why the cage only gets a thorough cleaning about once a month. I would keep him downstairs but my roomate seems to think staying up all night is normal, so we found is easier on us to just keep him in our room.

I live in an interior apartment building and have no outdoor space. Rebel is in his 18x18x36" cage. When I want to clean the whole thing I carry it into my bathroom and put it into the bathtub. I don't do that often. I can open the door and remove the screen panel that is under the door that way I can take everything out and the bottom is removable. Going to be building him a much larger cage this summer so no more bath tub. lol I'm just going to make sure it has a large door so I can get everything out...:D

I live in an interior apartment building and have no outdoor space. Rebel is in his 18x18x36" cage. When I want to clean the whole thing I carry it into my bathroom and put it into the bathtub. I don't do that often. I can open the door and remove the screen panel that is under the door that way I can take everything out and the bottom is removable. Going to be building him a much larger cage this summer so no more bath tub. lol I'm just going to make sure it has a large door so I can get everything out...:D
The shower is an awesome idea! I'm definitely going to take advantage of that :) Thanks for the tip!

Right now I'm trying to figure out how cleaning is going to go with a second floor apartment. The whole wiping down thing will be fairly easy, but as far as cleaning the whole thing....Still trying to work that out.

Do you have a shower? just put the cage in the shower to hose it off. thats what I do with my tanks instead of dragging them outside. Then I just bleach the shower when I am done.

(lol i haveother herps besides my cham and fish tanks)

Back
Top Bottom