Cleaning plants

Gloriawood

Chameleon Enthusiast
I’m new here and I got some pathos for my enclosure to start replacing my fake plants. Could someone tell me the best way to clean them before I put them in there? Also what kind of soil is ok to use?

Most just use a dish soap spray(or diy/store bought fruit rinser), and let it sit for a minute or three, and then rinse in the bath tub. Either dunking it upside down in a bucket, or using the shower head.

As for dirt, anything goes as long as its pure dirt. some have bits of syrofoam, some have crystals or balls for hydration, some have time release fertilizer.

Its a potho so technically you could just rinse off all the dirt and repot.

And most put a layer of largish (too big to swallow) stone on top of the dirt. This keeps the chameleon from eating the dirt, and keeps the crickets etc from laying eggs in the dirt.

Most just use a dish soap spray(or diy/store bought fruit rinser), and let it sit for a minute or three, and then rinse in the bath tub. Either dunking it upside down in a bucket, or using the shower head.

As for dirt, anything goes as long as its pure dirt. some have bits of syrofoam, some have crystals or balls for hydration, some have time release fertilizer.

Its a potho so technically you could just rinse off all the dirt and repot.

And most put a layer of largish (too big to swallow) stone on top of the dirt. This keeps the chameleon from eating the dirt, and keeps the crickets etc from laying eggs in the dirt.
Thank you so much!!

Back
Top Bottom