Cleaning plants?

Safari

I just upgraded from using fake plants to a real one. I just bought a hibiscus red bush and wanted to know if i would have to clean it, and if i do how would i clean it? thanks in advance!

I just upgraded from using fake plants to a real one. I just bought a hibiscus red bush and wanted to know if i would have to clean it, and if i do how would i clean it? thanks in advance!

Hey,
what I always do when I have bought new plants then I rinse it off in the shower and I rub gently with my fingers on the leaves.

I usually take em out back and spray em down with the house and replant them with organic soil that will be safe for the chams.

I usually take em out back and spray em down with the house and replant them with organic soil that will be safe for the chams.

Are you only using the hose? What about soap and how do you keep the soap from getting on the roots?

Are you only using the hose? What about soap and how do you keep the soap from getting on the roots?

I usually put them in the shower, and use a mild soap like Ivory on the leaves. I tip the plant to the side so everything runs off the leaves to the shower floor. A little Ivory won't hurt the roots anyway.

Place mine in the shower soak them down real well then whipe off the leaves with a cloth.
Seems to have worked so far :)

I use a small hand-trigger spray bottle with a few drops of dish soap and water, spray the leaves and then rise them extremely well in the sink, I did that twice to be safe. After I washed them, I repotted them in new pots with organic soil.

I use a small hand-trigger spray bottle with a few drops of dish soap and water, spray the leaves and then rise them extremely well in the sink, I did that twice to be safe. After I washed them, I repotted them in new pots with organic soil.

so should i repot it in organic soil?

chameleons have been known to eat a little soil, whether they mean to or not. You don't want them eating fertilizer and other chemicals, so to be safe people will re-pot the plants with organic soil.

Back
Top Bottom