Cleaning out the viv and guess what i found!

ndugan7

of course it's eggs! six nice looking bearded pygmy eggs...i've hatched these guys before but this time i'm taking the eggs OUT of the viv and using an incubator...70-77°F is what i've read....

DSC00682.jpg

if they have been there for awhile, i would make sure not to move them, or place a mark with a non-toxic pen so they dont roll over...looks like a good lil batch!! what kind of incubator are you gunna use??

Congrats, and yeah, be sure not to roll them around like I did! I "incubated" mine at (cool) room temperature in a sandwich container, and got some nice babies. Unfortunately the soil was kept too dry for another clutch and they babies died right at hatching :( Stupid me. Now I just leave them in the tank. Good luck!

i'm not using an incubator, the cabinet under my cable box stays a steady 75-77°F and has been used for this purpose before (not pygmy eggs)....i have my other incubators full atm...i made sure they didn't turn, and i didn't have anything i felt comfortable enough to mark em with...

i'm not using an incubator, the cabinet under my cable box stays a steady 75-77°F and has been used for this purpose before (not pygmy eggs)....i have my other incubators full atm...i made sure they didn't turn, and i didn't have anything i felt comfortable enough to mark em with...

Good luck to you regardless. If you are aware that the eggs were not there depending on the frequency of you cleaning the habitat I say go with your instinct. KUP and again Gd Luck :).

Hey congratulations, I would love to hatch those tiny things. Don't forget our pictures.:D

Kansascity these are pgymy eggs is a terrarium, much different that cleaning a regular cham cage. He is doing ok.

Good luck to you regardless. If you are aware that the eggs were not there depending on the frequency of you cleaning the habitat I say go with your instinct. KUP and again Gd Luck :).

Thanks everyone! Yea, i was cleaning out the viv because I traded the 1.2 adult pygmies that had been living in it to my friend for a female jackons :rolleyes:....i thought i was done with my pygmy breeding project but SURPRISE....haha how could you not love the little guys? and the babies are the CUTEST tiniest things...if it goes well i'll post the results!

hey I have some newly hatched babies and would love to trade for a male if you're interested, or buy a male!

hey I have some newly hatched babies and would love to trade for a male if you're interested, or buy a male!

congeats on the new babies!!! I would be intrested in a male and female if there available....actually 2 females and a a male!

Back
Top Bottom