cleaning old screen

Jmeyer

hey everyone, i came into ownership of two 2x2x4 metal screen cages today. They are awesome!! But they are kind of old and the metal screen is alittle faded making it difficult to see inside. Anyway i can clean the metal so it is easier to see through? I'm not getting the chams that will end up in them for a while so any strong chemical suggestions would work. Thanks everyone!

hey everyone, i came into ownership of two 2x2x4 metal screen cages today. They are awesome!! But they are kind of old and the metal screen is alittle faded making it difficult to see inside. Anyway i can clean the metal so it is easier to see through? I'm not getting the chams that will end up in them for a while so any strong chemical suggestions would work. Thanks everyone!

I would definetely replace the old screen with soft screen cloth for windows or something like that. That would eliminate any possiblities of any old stuff plus you wouldn't have to use chemicals.

I just replaced all the screens on our camper, it's so easy. I would just replace them. You can get all the materials at Home Depot or Lowes. You should take a piece of the rubber spline with you so you can get the same size...

If you decide to replace them, don't use acrylic screen. Crickets Chew through it really easily.

Also, hydrogen peroxide (not from the local store. Get 30-40 volume from a beauty supply store.) will clean the screen and get rid of any gross stuff that might be harmful to it's future inhabitants (like parasites!) wear gloves!!!!

Back
Top Bottom