Cleaning branches?

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
So my branches will technically fit in the oven but my oven doesn't work sadly .____.

So I am assuming the next best thing is to do a partial bleach scrub and when the weather is good bake them in the sun a bit? I of course need to look over the branches a bit more closely to make sure I get all the weird looking ones out of there. I didn't get as many as I wanted since the trail I was on has cougar activity every now and then and my dog kept getting spooked by something. So I figured I would come back for more later. XD Best to play it safe.

So no longer need an answer XD I thankfully have a very understanding grandma and she let me borrow her oven for a bit <3 I also got to catch up with her which I hadn't talked to her in over month because of my emotional instability. It was nice seeing how well she is doing at the moment. As far as the sticks, I got so many more stick from my grandma's yard, she has some huge trees that are chameleon safe. I am well off for now, I don't think I will need anymore but we will see. Now I just gotta figure out the best way to attach them. I do not think my usual way will be the best way. Need to do some testing.

branches for outdoor cage.jpg

Jewelry wire, but I usually have branches that go all the way across and much smaller mesh to work with, I am using the gutter guard... so I was wondering if I did something like really tight zip ties?

Jewelry wire, but I usually have branches that go all the way across and much smaller mesh to work with, I am using the gutter guard... so I was wondering if I did something like really tight zip ties?
Yeah I was a big ziptie fan for a little bit but I stoped using them cause matt had me scared about potential cutting my new one;) so I started using 25 pound test fishing line. But I think for what you are doing zipties would work good and hold up better cause it's just a temp outside cage right?

What about throwing them in the bathtub and spraying down with vinegar? Or maybe hydrogen peroxide(haven't used that personally). I sprayed with vinegar, let it dry, and then scrubbed with warm water in the shower to rinse it all off. Mine came out perfectly.

The only one that would clean the best out of the two @jamest0o0 listed would be hydrogen peroxide. And it's not poisonous. I have never heard of chlorhexidine.

@joshuadh2310 I think where I would be placing the zip ties I won't have to worry about any cutting but it depends on if it actually works. Otherwise I am not really sure what I would use. I would probably have to get all the almost done pictures and then get a lot of advice.

The only one that would clean the best out of the two @jamest0o0 listed would be hydrogen peroxide. And it's not poisonous. I have never heard of chlorhexidine.

@joshuadh2310 I think where I would be placing the zip ties I won't have to worry about any cutting but it depends on if it actually works. Otherwise I am not really sure what I would use. I would probably have to get all the almost done pictures and then get a lot of advice.
If you haven't heard of it you need to look it up and get some it is the best if you have chameleons. It is a cleaner, a disinfectant, and also a cure for lots of common issues with chameleons including cuts or scratches on skin and mouth infections. I use it for everything having to do with cleaning for the chameleons. Cleaning cages, curing branches, and its great for tons of things dealing with chameleons. Honestly I'm surprised more people don't know about it. It has saved me money on vet bills when my chameleons get a mouth infection i use it and it clears it right up.

Back
Top Bottom