Claforan (update & Diegos meds)

Dawniegirl

Has anyone used Claforan antibiotic 100 mgl for their cham? Any issues with using this, did it work, any bad side effects, etc? Does anyone know what this kind of antibiotic is used mostly for or is it maybe a broad spectrum one? TIA

So here's Diego's update and meds.... Diego has had eye issues & has been closing his eyes since I got him 3 months ago, now he's 7 months. When I first got him his right eye was bulged (I thought poss this happened in the shipping of him but never knew for sure). He would closes his eyes during the day & most recently stopped shooting his tongue out to eat. I had to hand feed him for most of last week (wax worms which were NOT dusted. I figured they would be moist & filling since it had been eating for a few days prior to the hand feedings) & had him seen by a exotic pet vet who specializes in reptiles & birds on friday ( I have to say I loved the vet. Very helpful & seems to really care for him & he spent a lot of time over things). The vet put Diego on claforan 100mgl ml shots for 3 weeks, one shot every three days & also liquid calcium .1mls daily for 30 days which I can give to him orally or put into his feeders. His calcium to phosphorous ratio was 1:1 & should be 2:1, so MBD might happen but hopefully we caught it in time to not happen. I was going to totally change my gutload but he actually likes the dry gutload I had from timberline. I had brought it & the supplements I was dusting his crickets with to show what he had been getting. Doctor said he was small but not really under weight for his size ((he weighed only 29 grams)). What does everyone think? Thanks!!!!

I have no experience with Claforan. What kind of a cham do you have? 29 grams seems small for a veiled or panther. I wish you the very best of luck with him. Keep us posted.

I have no experience with Claforan. What kind of a cham do you have? 29 grams seems small for a veiled or panther. I wish you the very best of luck with him. Keep us posted.

Thanks! He is a 7 month old male panther cham. I've always thought he seems small but he's my first cham so I wasn't sure. He always looks so small compare to other chams on here his age but I thought is might have been the photo.

I agree with Jannb, 29 grms is very low weight...

Yes I thought so too. Doc said his a little bit thin & a little small but not really too underweight for his size. He really has grown though since I got him. I'd say he has doubled his size just about & for sure his tail has doubled... it's crazy long!

Yes, He was a good eater until about a week ago. 10-12 1/2" crickets daily! Just as I was told to feed him. I don't really understand exactly what has caused all this w/ him but I'm gonna work hard to get him better! AND to keep him that way!

Have you tried to put him in the shower for a long warm -not hot!- misting?

Tried that once, he wasn't fond! His eyes have been "totally clear" & no gunk or anything. Just that the right one seems to bulge more & he closes them during the day. I have also tried the terramycin ointment & reptile eye wash drops anyway to see if it would help. Total mystery!

Back
Top Bottom