Clacium

MattandRicco

Established Member
Ok so Rico is 5 months old ,

I am dusting phos free calcium w/o d3 everyday and reptivite with d3 twice a month.

Should I cut back on the dusting?

That’s not to say that you shouldn’t constantly be researching and learning more about supplementation, nor that your supplement regime can not be changed as your knowledge and experience grow. But there’s nothing wrong with that regime.

That’s not to say that you shouldn’t constantly be researching and learning more about supplementation, nor that your supplement regime can not be changed as your knowledge and experience grow. But there’s nothing wrong with that regime.

Im going to switch to your method of supplementation soon, I found it very interesting. And also my Cham gets enough UVB to oroduce his own natural D3

Im going to switch to your method of supplementation soon, I found it very interesting. And also my Cham gets enough UVB to oroduce his own natural D3
Also an acceptable (IMO) supplementation regime. However, I should remind you that my regime not only contains no vitamin d3, but also, no preformed vitamin A. Going without the former is much more widely accepted provided you’re uvb is dialed in via a solar meter. The latter is more controversial, experimental, and requires close attention. Vitamin A is a real quagmire in chameleonology, and the state of our knowledge is poor here. I’m not trying to dissuade you; I’m just saying that the regime I use is not equivalent to the other three regimes I mentioned in that other thread. In all of those, both d3 and preformed A are supplemented—whether in small amounts every feeding, or else twice a month with the vitamins.

Have you read my blog about the current state of vitamin A?

Also an acceptable (IMO) supplementation regime. However, I should remind you that my regime not only contains no vitamin d3, but also, no preformed vitamin A. Going without the former is much more widely accepted provided you’re uvb is dialed in via a solar meter. The latter is more controversial, experimental, and requires close attention. Vitamin A is a real quagmire in chameleonology, and the state of our knowledge is poor here. I’m not trying to dissuade you; I’m just saying that the regime I use is not equivalent to the other three regimes I mentioned in that other thread. In all of those, both d3 and preformed A are supplemented—whether in small amounts every feeding, or else twice a month with the vitamins.

Have you read my blog about the current state of vitamin A?
I have not can you send me the link?

Back
Top Bottom