Cichlids

dannigrrl

I've got myself a tank of cichlids. It's a 29 gallon that I converted after repeated goldfish losses.

If anyone is curious about what they entail, check this out:

Cichlid Tips

I think African cichlids are wonderful, good fish that actually stay alive.

Cool!!! I kept cichlids before I started keeping chams. Actually I sold all my fish and tanks to make room for chams. I kept mostly South American species. My favorite are the electric blue jack dempseys. All cichlids are such beautiful fish.

Here was one of my favorite Africans. I forget the exact species but some type of compriceps.

Picture185.jpg

Edit: Man, looking at that link and some of my older pics makes me want to set a tank up again :(

Here was one of my favorite Africans. I forget the exact species but some type of compriceps.

Picture185.jpg

That's one of my favorite Africans also. That's the lamprologus compressiceps. I've had several of those. I also used to have the Haplochromis Compressiceps, which some people refer to as the Malawi Eye Biter. But the Lamprologus is my favorite African, along with the frontosa.

That's one of my favorite Africans also. That's the lamprologus compressiceps. I've had several of those. I also used to have the Haplochromis Compressiceps, which some people refer to as the Malawi Eye Biter. But the Lamprologus is my favorite African, along with the frontosa.

Thanks for the ID! Its been quite some time since I had kept any fish. Obviously with my lack of knowledge on the scientific name:eek:

Any pictures of your tanks or fish?

I dont have any pictures of the fish, but I still have an african cichlid tank, and if and when the frontosa decides to make himself photogenic I'll grab a shot of him.

I have a 100 gal tank where I kept a variety of South American Cichlids including Green Terrors, Electric Blue JD's, Oscars, and others. They all started out together at about a length of 2" each. They all did well together until the Oscars started to mature and one by one I had to start moving the other fish out of the tank because the Oscars were terrorizing them. Now I have a 100 gal tank which now houses only two 15" Oscars. I also have a 55 gal tank with a few remaining misfit fish from the 100 gal tank including a 21" Plecostimus, 5" Green Severum and some other large South American catfish.

Back
Top Bottom