Chirping crickets at night

Uberob

Yeah so I have live crickets in my chameleons cage. They chirp a lot and loud at night. Any suggestions to get them to stop.

Thanks

I usually feed my cham in the morning, so by the end of the day there isnt any left ;). Also I think temperature has something to do with chirping. What type of cham do you have in the cage? If the crickets are not warm enough they wont chirp (might wanna google this to be sure). Also you could use a cricket cup and put something for them to snack on inside it so they stay put.

I usually feed my cham in the morning, so by the end of the day there isnt any left ;). Also I think temperature has something to do with chirping. What type of cham do you have in the cage? If the crickets are not warm enough they wont chirp (might wanna google this to be sure). Also you could use a cricket cup and put something for them to snack on inside it so they stay put.

I house a nosy be panther Cham. The night temps are around 70. I've tried a feeding cup. My Cham catching everything himself, so he doesn't really seem to use or understand the cup. I'd probably have to strictly switch to the cup. Tbh I'll just let him catch crickets on his own. I might consider cutting off the wings.

Have you tried asking them REALLY nicely to be quiet? :D

You can use tweezers to pluck the wings off too. That's easier for me than cutting them; I only do it to crickets as I feed them off. I don't mind the chirping, but it drives my husband crazy.

Yeah so I have live crickets in my chameleons cage. They chirp a lot and loud at night. Any suggestions to get them to stop.

Thanks

I'd recommend taking the crickets out of your chams cage at night. As chams are only active during the day leaving in the cage at night gives them the opportunity to bite your cham while it is sleeping - no bueno.

..I know this isn't really a solution for getting them to stop chirping, but if you took them out of the cage it might not be an issue anymore?

I'd recommend taking the crickets out of your chams cage at night. As chams are only active during the day leaving in the cage at night gives them the opportunity to bite your cham while it is sleeping - no bueno.

..I know this isn't really a solution for getting them to stop chirping, but if you took them out of the cage it might not be an issue anymore?

Good advice! I do try to remove ones that I can find at the end of the day, but I'm sure we all have instances where we miss a hiding cricket. One good part of the chirping is that it alerts me how many are still in the enclosure :D

Adult crickets can bite. You need to cup feed and not leave any in viv at night. I thought it was to do with crickets rubbing their back legs together, and them looking for a mate!:D

Back
Top Bottom