Chin Puffing and Opening Mouth

How would i help with the dry skin and what causes it? My humidity stays manily in the 60s and never goes below 50. Im going to pick up plants today to help maintain it a bit better. Could it be dehydration? Thats one this ive been trying to prevent and even installed a second dripper. :unsure: It only really shows this much when shes this specific color also
Slow down, I did not say it is defanitly dry skin and I don’t know if it even needs to be corrected. It is not an emergency so just wait for a second opinion.

How often and how long are you misting the cage for each day?

Looks like she may be getting ready to shed, in my opinion but I could be wrong.

I mist 2-3 times a day for about 45 seconds and also have an automatic mister that mists every 3 hours for 45 seconds due to the humidity in my home. The dryness has gone and i have fixed all husbandry necessary but im still having the same issue but now shes wheezing also, think im going to make a new thread on it to try and get a second opinion on it.

One: Veiled chams need a basking spot of at least 90F. Your misting schedule also needs to be tweaked. 10 minutes in the morning, and 10 minutes in the afternoon, with a dripper is sufficient. More is asking for a respiratory infection.

I was told 90 degrees was "way too hot" for a baby by other members in this forum. Also, if i were to go with that recommended misting schedule my humidity would be way below 50%. Ive been searching local nurserys to find a Ficus because i dont want a Pothos because ive heard too many bad things on them

I was told 90 degrees was "way too hot" for a baby by other members in this forum. Also, if i were to go with that recommended misting schedule my humidity would be way below 50%. Ive been searching local nurserys to find a Ficus because i dont want a Pothos because ive heard too many bad things on them

I'm glad other people have given you better advice and you recognized it!! A baby veiled's basking spot should be no more than 85F/29C. Adult veileds tolerate higher temperatures, but husbandry is not the same for babies and adults.

@GwynT Since you are new here, please be careful of offering advice so matter-of-factly if you are not confident beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are giving appropriate advice. There is enough misinformation out there as is and we don't need to be confusing members with conflicting advice.

I do agree that your misting schedule could be tweaked, but 10 minutes per session is not at all necessary. The biggest problem with your 45-second sessions is that it takes 2-3 minutes of continuous misting to stimulate chameleons to drink. Multiple mistings a day no shorter than 2 minutes (longer is also encouraged) would be an improvement to your husbandry

Thank you! That makes alot of sense doing the mistings longer instead of in multiple sessions. Guess it didnt cross my mind to do that but thats why im here posting! This is my first time turning to an online forum for any of my reptiles and im so glad i did. Also this is kind of random but i bought a pump mister and its by Conceptual Creations Pet Products its the Mist'r Lizard JR and first time i went to go fill it up i noticed inside the water tube it has a gel substance that smells really chemically (im guessing used to pump easier) so ive been chicken to use it and just using a standard water bottle till i make it to Lowes to grab a plant one. Any idea if this is safe for any of my reptiles to consume? Surely doesnt smell like it lol.

Thank you! That makes alot of sense doing the mistings longer instead of in multiple sessions. Guess it didnt cross my mind to do that but thats why im here posting! This is my first time turning to an online forum for any of my reptiles and im so glad i did. Also this is kind of random but i bought a pump mister and its by Conceptual Creations Pet Products its the Mist'r Lizard JR and first time i went to go fill it up i noticed inside the water tube it has a gel substance that smells really chemically (im guessing used to pump easier) so ive been chicken to use it and just using a standard water bottle till i make it to Lowes to grab a plant one. Any idea if this is safe for any of my reptiles to consume? Surely doesnt smell like it lol.
Never heard of them...Would you want to drink from it? Trust your senses!

Is your Cham really a baby? It me “baby” is 1-2 months old max... I just want to make sure we are all working off of accurate information here...

Shes reaching into the juvenile stage, i bought her as a baby and its been a little bit over a month since i had her, shes 4 months but still a small little girl.

Back
Top Bottom