Chemeleon eggs Sweating?

So I am a first time chameleon breeder and have a clutch that is about 7 months old. Three of them looked like they had started to sweat but then stopped and are now dry. I wasn't sure if this was normal for them to stop sweating or not. Also I had researched that the eggs should then start to hatch 4 days to a week after? I wasn't sure as I had also heard that it could take up to 2 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_5042.JPG
    IMG_5042.JPG
    239.2 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_5041.JPG
    IMG_5041.JPG
    199.5 KB · Views: 263
They should have shrunk. Did you have a lid on the incubator the whole time during incubation including the time after the sweating?

No they have not shrunken in size. They seem to sweat and then stop and then sweat again. I have had a lid on the whole time throughout incubation and it is still on. I have them in a glad container in a dark drawer at around 73 degrees. They have started to window as well.

Keep us posted.

Normally the eggs sweat and shrink and the hatchling splits one end of the egg in an x shape and usually puts it's head out. It will then lay like that for a while and then climb out of the egg.

You should be fine. When they start to sweat it will be very obvious and there will be a lot more moisture coming out of the egg which in turn will cause it to shrink. You are close to hatching but not there just yet.

I know this is old but I've been having the sweating then drying thing for a month now. Now another is sweating and shrinking a ton. I'm so hoping to get babies soon. This is encouraging and I've looked all over but could never find quite what I was looking for. IE sweating then going dry and sweating again thing. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Back
Top Bottom