Check Up

AZweifel

IMG_8425.JPG
Heyo!
This is my approximately five month old chameleon. I don't know her hatch date, so I'm not positive in her age. For the last two months she has been doing great. However, I noticed this morning that when she blinks her eyes sink in? I know that is a sign of dehydrated so I've been misting her more than usual, but she doesn't seem to be drinking? She is still eating and pooping regularly. Urate is normal and white. She also seems really bloated.
Could she be preparing to lay eggs? Is there something else I can be doing? Is the eye think not concerning?

She is a beautiful little lady. Make sure to have a laying bin for her at all times. She could deffinately have eggs. What kind of mister do you have? They need to be misted for a pretty long time so they can not only drink but have plenty of time to wash out their eyes. Where do you live? I might be able to help you local a vet that has chameleon experience.

IMG_8178.JPG
@jannb Right now I just have a hand mister, but I'm saving up to get a CliMist in the next week or so.
I live in Riverton, Utah. I don't know how many exotic vets there are around here, but I would absolutely appreciate the help!!!
I'll get her a laying bin tomorrow! Her enclosure is pretty packed, though, should I put her in the laying bin exclusively outside of her enclosure??

View attachment 190486 @jannb Right now I just have a hand mister, but I'm saving up to get a CliMist in the next week or so.
I live in Riverton, Utah. I don't know how many exotic vets there are around here, but I would absolutely appreciate the help!!!
I'll get her a laying bin tomorrow! Her enclosure is pretty packed, though, should I put her in the laying bin exclusively outside of her enclosure??

I would put a laying bin in her enclosure. Maybe you could temporally take a few things out to make room for a laying bin. Below is a link about making a lay bin and a list of vets that see Reptiles.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video.77225/

Find reptile veterinary hospitals and clinics in Utah listed here-

Douglas Folland
Parrish Creek Vet Clinic
http://parrishcreekvet.com
86 N 70 W
Centerville, UT 84014-1821
801-298-2014

Laurel Harris
Wasatch Exotic Pet Care
www.wasatchexotic.com
1892 Fort Union Blvd
Cottonwood Heights, UT 84121-3052