Check This Out!

Alright guys, I love this hobby so much and relate to these little guys very well.

Call me crazy but I decided my first tattoo would be a tribute to these creatures and wanted to share it with you all! Its not quite anatomically correct however I am so happy with the over exaggerated features.

Attachments

• V__BA10(1).jpg
    V__BA10(1).jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 164
Thank you guys. I am happy with how it turned out, a little on the creepy side but still cute.

I am thinking on expanding it with each new species I work with.

Tattoos kind of creep up on you.

Year 1: "Oh, a small one would be great!"
Year 2: "Well, it looks so lonely, just floating out there by itself... maybe a slightly bigger one..."
Year 3: "I have so much leg left over, all that white whiiiiiite skin. Just one more!"
... and suddenly you are tattooed from ankle to hip and your artist is cackling madly while counting her money :p

How long did you sit for?

Tattoos kind of creep up on you.

Year 1: "Oh, a small one would be great!"
Year 2: "Well, it looks so lonely, just floating out there by itself... maybe a slightly bigger one..."
Year 3: "I have so much leg left over, all that white whiiiiiite skin. Just one more!"
... and suddenly you are tattooed from ankle to hip and your artist is cackling madly while counting her money :p

How long did you sit for?

It was less than an hour actually.

And don't worry, I already expected tattoos to be covering my body haha just not limited to my leg.

I have a half back piece planned out, shoulders, half sleeve on the left upper arm and memorial tattoos on my right calf going up for my dogs.

Thinking of expanding this chameleon tattoo as well with each different species I work with going from black and white no detail into a panther next with a little color and detail then hopefully to a parsons full color and detail, moving from the ankle up maybe toward the shin.

If you do your calf, beware! There is this tiny, maybe dollar-sized spot on the back of your leg an inch or two down from your knee: there is a nerve that is really close to the surface and it makes your leg kick out when tattooed! It happened to me on both legs, and two friends of mine. Thankfully my tattoo artist was expecting it and had my leg pinned down. It feels bizarre; my foot kept twitching wildly and there was nothing I could do about it. This was also 7 hours into a sitting, so I was in a bit of a weird headspace lol

I actually really, really hate getting tattooed, but I love the result so I keep going back.

Wow, I almost want to see that nerve in action! And 7 hours! I can't imagine going through that long, did you opt out of multiple sessions or was it just that big of a piece MissLissa?

For me getting this guy did hurt a lot, but right after he finished I was already thinking, 'Lets get another one!'

Update for everyone else:
This little chameleon just hit the peeling / 'shedding' stage and let's just say. I have a new respect for our chameleons, it both hurts and kinda itches, so much so it's driving me crazy! I see why they rub up against their bendy vines and are always grumpy during their shed.

It was kind of an accident. I was scheduled for 4 hours, but the person who was to go after me cancelled. So my artist said, "wanna do some more?" and I was an idiot and said "Sure!" and it ended up being a marathon. I didn't realize it was that long. I thought I'd sat for maybe 5 hours- not almost 8! I was a total wreck for the next three days. It was like I'd been on a week-long drinking binge or something. I don't think I'd go more than 5 hours in the future: it just takes too much out of me. The piece looks amazing, though! I still need to go back for a few touch ups, but that will have to wait until spring. Unfortunately, I was hit by a car walking across the street during the healing stage, so it didn't heal well since the top few layers were torn off before they naturally peeled. I have some scarring there now, but you can't tell unless you touch it. It was kind of a bummer; it was a lot of money to have a hit-and-run ruin.

Non-scented moisturizer is your friend! :) And DO. NOT. PICK. Or else your artist mmay have your head if she/he has to fix the damage lol

It was kind of an accident. I was scheduled for 4 hours, but the person who was to go after me cancelled. So my artist said, "wanna do some more?" and I was an idiot and said "Sure!" and it ended up being a marathon. I didn't realize it was that long. I thought I'd sat for maybe 5 hours- not almost 8! I was a total wreck for the next three days. It was like I'd been on a week-long drinking binge or something. I don't think I'd go more than 5 hours in the future: it just takes too much out of me. The piece looks amazing, though! I still need to go back for a few touch ups, but that will have to wait until spring. Unfortunately, I was hit by a car walking across the street during the healing stage, so it didn't heal well since the top few layers were torn off before they naturally peeled. I have some scarring there now, but you can't tell unless you touch it. It was kind of a bummer; it was a lot of money to have a hit-and-run ruin.

Non-scented moisturizer is your friend! :) And DO. NOT. PICK. Or else your artist mmay have your head if she/he has to fix the damage lol

Wow, you went through quite a ton with that piece. What did you get done?

As for the aftercare been working very hard to do exactly as my artist instructed. He did such a beautiful job I dont wanna screw it up, luckily I have a free touch up when I feel ready for it from him. Haven't picked and only touch it when I wash the sucker. No matter how annoying it gets and how much my nerves fire off making me stomp that foot haha.

Back
Top Bottom