Check out my new enclosure!!

karebear41486

Established Member
Ok, here is the temporary home for my 3 month old Ambanja/Nosy Be cross panther that I will be receiving on Tuesday from Kammerflage! Sooo excited! I plan on using this one until he is around 5 months or so, then he will be moved into a custom cage that I will be building in the mean time. There is a live Ficus, Pothos, and a Schefflera in there, along with some fake vines/plants. On top is a reptisun 5.0 in one fixture and a standard aquarium fluorescent in the other. I will be using a 75 watt basking bulb with a dimmer switch to get the right basking temp. Look alright? Overplanted/underplanted? Tell me what you think!

CIMG0232.jpg

CIMG0223.jpg

CIMG0224.jpg

yep looks good but some will probably recommend against the dark mesh or will tell you to not keep him in there too long cause the color of the mesh reduces the overall clarity in the cage and might make the chameleon feel more 'enclosed' (which could in turn stress him out) because it won't be able to see it's surroundings out of the cage as well as it would with either white or gray insect screen

yep looks good but some will probably recommend against the dark mesh or will tell you to not keep him in there too long cause the color of the mesh reduces the overall clarity in the cage and might make the chameleon feel more 'enclosed' (which could in turn stress him out) because it won't be able to see it's surroundings out of the cage as well as it would with either white or gray insect screen

I have used Reptariums with the dark mesh for all of my younger chams. The dark mesh actually gives them security-remember-these guys live and hide in thick foliage. It does take a little extra light to see in them well, and I recommend a Zoomed 10.0, as the dark mesh cuts down on UVB penetration. To add more light I use additional clamp lamps, but others use extra flouresent "plant" bulbs for more light. Otherwise-well planted cage!

One more thing-what are you planning for water control/drainage? I use the Reptarium Soft trays with mine.

yeah I wasn't really saying that I was personally against those cages, just warning him that he might get some responses around those lines... ^_^

You might want to add one more vine or branches to the lower levels. Just to make sure your little guy can get around. They love exploring. Looks good. Is this your first time setting up a chameleon cage? Most people do not put enough plants, yours is just right.

Yep, first time...my baby will be here on Tuesday! Thanks for the replies! I will be sure to post pics first thing Tuesday morning when he arrives!

Hahaha...wow, i wondered if anyone would say something about that...I KNEW there were some fellow guitar hero-ers in here...;)

Back
Top Bottom