Charlie Chameleon

I am taking my chameleon Charlie to the vet tomorrow. I was looking for insight on what I can do to keep him healthy. He is in a 24x24x48 reptibreeze cage, i use a T5- High Output 10.0 UVB bulb. He basks around 85 degrees and 90 degrees. I have a live umbrella plant in his enclosure. I am getting more supplies for husbandry tomorrow. He has not been eating, for over a week now. He is drinking i mist and use a dripping system everyday and have a humidifier set up as well. He’s been keeping one eye closed and being very slow during the day. I’m concerned for him and i want him to be okay. Can anyone help me? Should i try to force feed him? I have heard diluting pediadlyte can help? Any ideas? Should i try baby food? Idk.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 4A707195-0FD1-4D81-AD5F-8F1EEBC65270.jpeg
    4A707195-0FD1-4D81-AD5F-8F1EEBC65270.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 72
It could be any number of things, from supplements to impaction to natural disease.
What are you using for supplements and what schedule do you give them?
What is the distance of your uvb light from his basking branch?

It could be any number of things, from supplements to impaction to natural disease.
What are you using for supplements and what schedule do you give them?
What is the distance of your uvb light from his basking branch?

For supplements i use ReptiCal phosphorus free calcium powder with D3. And a multivitamin powder. His basking branches is about 8 inches away

For supplements i use ReptiCal phosphorus free calcium powder with D3. And a multivitamin powder. His basking branches is about 8 inches away
What is the multivitamin?

Can you please double check your uvb for me. It is glowing a blue hue and this is more typical of a T8 fixture rather then a T5.

Did you add more branches for him or does he still only have the one vertical way and that hanging ladder thing?

What is the multivitamin?

Can you please double check your uvb for me. It is glowing a blue hue and this is more typical of a T8 fixture rather then a T5.

Did you add more branches for him or does he still only have the one vertical way and that hanging ladder thing?

I added a branch for him to bask across the cage. And lower than before. I posted pictures of all the stuff i use attached to this reply

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 65
From his appearance he is very sick...I can't give you a reason...sorry for that. You really need to get him to a good chameleon vet ASAP. IMHO (and I'm not a vet) you don't have much time.

I added a branch for him to bask across the cage. And lower than before. I posted pictures of all the stuff i use attached to this reply
Ok it is a T5... But the bulb strength is too much for how close he is to it. You would either need to get the 5.0 bulb and leave the basking 8-9 inches below... Or you need to lift that fixture up about 3 inches off the top so it is a 11-12 inch distance to that branch below it.

He really does not look good at all. I hope the vet has chameleon experience.

Per your supplements... You should be using the calcium without D3 at every feeding and then rotate week to week at one feeding the calcium with D3 and the multivitamin. So that each of these are only given 2 times a month.

Back
Top Bottom