Charlee's DIY cricket feeder

EARepLovers

20eWbpb.png

upload_2018-8-19_20-35-41.png

ax3OaAP.png

bgyRiPO.png

I used a mesh screen material for windows from homedepot and a fiji water bottle for the cool tropical background.

Since charlee is still new to his new home, he never visits the bottom of the cage, so feeding him from the bottom he wasn't able to see his food, so i thought i would make a feeding catcher for him.

All tips are welcome...thanks

My crickets crawl up the walls so I don’t need that, bit it’s a cool idea...is the screen edges protected for the off chance your Chams tongue grazed it? Only thought I had (y)

My crickets crawl up the walls so I don’t need that, bit it’s a cool idea...is the screen edges protected for the off chance your Chams tongue grazed it? Only thought I had (y)

yea for some reason these crickets didnt like climbing up the cage, and if they did, they didnt go high enough,, they just got lost in the plants but, charlee is eating a lot more now, since he can see his food and easily get to it, it was fun watching him eat for the first couple times... i thought about covering the edges of the bottle to protect his tongue, but the bottle is fairly dull thick and smooth, (if you ever touched a fiji bottle) its not sharp at all..

I do have a issue well charlee does lol, sometimes, if he is at a angle and see's his food through the bottle, he will try to shoot his tongue at the bottle. lol, takes him a while to understand he has to come to the front where the opening is...other than that, he's been doing great as I can tell, he moves a lot around the cage now at first he would just bask and move to a corner and hide, im not sure if my heat lamp was too hot for him, but today I decided to turn it off and just let the CFL UVB to give off heat since I have a 26w bulb, and he now visits the middle of the cage and hang out in the plants and just moves all over.

Back
Top Bottom