Char in the Hospital

So sorry.
What did/were they do/going to do to treat him?
Medication for dissolving the uric crystals. I took him in for his first injection this morning, also to be checked because I offered water via syringe yesterday and was worried he was aspirating. Got home and opened the box and he was dead.

Even though everyone always tells me my husbandry is very good worh only minor changes needed here there as I learn this is a real wake up call. I'm not good for these guys. My first died last year after only about 9 months of having him. Char had only just turned 1, that you all can give these animals good long lives clearly shows I have no idea what I'm doing and need to stay away.

I really hope he finds peace in ..whatever is after this life.

Don't be too and on yourself...chameleon keeping has a learning curve and also, sometimes they have something wrong that causes them that we can't do anything about.

Don't be too and on yourself...chameleon keeping has a learning curve and also, sometimes they have something wrong that causes them that we can't do anything about.

But... so many people here have so many chams and I can't even keep 1 alive. I love these little guys so much but no matter how hard I try they just suffer.

Just do lots of reading and learn as much as you can before you buy the next one and buy from a good breeder and hopefully things will go well.

I mean, that's what I did for Char, he's from Kammerflage, I did months of research before buying him, hand built an enclosure, put in mistking, gutloaded only banded crickets, with a very rare treat, I made one mistake with tongs or something and that kills him? The other guy who commented, his cham doesn't even have a tongue and is fine. I think that I'm just a natural danger to these guys.

Back
Top Bottom