Changing thermostats

Shellbelle

Newbie Cham owner - still learning
When I bought my set up we got a digital thermostat that I feel was pretty much faulty from the start, couldn’t get up to temp on its own.
Anyway - it completely gave up today and the digital reader was just gobbledygook.
I’ve swapped it to a habistat classic dimming thermostat.
I need help on how to use this correctly as the digital on monitored the temp and the time as to when to turn off etc.
I will post what I have set up at the moment and any advice would be appreciated.
Please note that I’m aware my tank is set up all wrong (bad advice) and I’m working to make it correct.
I just don’t want Beans to get cold tonight.
AA9997D1-FC7E-448E-81A8-E8441ED29DEE.jpeg

Unless your house gets below 50(some go as low as 40 just fine) at night I wouldn't even think about heating. Reptiles do not process cold the same way humans do. They need the temp drop to slow their metabolism and get rest.

Sorry I am not familiar with what you use. All I do is make sure my basking is within proper range.

How extreme is the temp drop at night? Are you using the habistat for lights at night? As far as the habistat device your using... It does not look like there is a specific programming. Just you set it at this temp and it runs consistently.

How extreme is the temp drop at night? Are you using the habistat for lights at night? As far as the habistat device your using... It does not look like there is a specific programming. Just you set it at this temp and it runs consistently.
Unless you’re in Arizona, where temps drop by 20-30 degrees, you should be good

I’ve only just put it in this afternoon. My other one turned the lights off automatically. So I can turn both off presumably with a timer switch?

Back
Top Bottom