Changing Colors

UserName

Does anyone know what does it mean when a baby chameleon shows his/her dark green patters on their back? I've seen mine do it when he's walking on the vines.. he starts to show the dark green patterns on his back for a min or so.. and just curious if it means something, or when he is turning brown..

Darker colors are usually signs of stress. If he's doing it up on his basking vine, it's him absorbing heat. They will turn dark colors and mine even bulges his throat a little when he's basking. If he's doing it in the middle of the cage or when he's not basking, there may be something in the cage bothering him. If you just got him, give him some time to settle into his new home. Best of luck :)

Darker colors are usually signs of stress. If he's doing it up on his basking vine, it's him absorbing heat. They will turn dark colors and mine even bulges his throat a little when he's basking. If he's doing it in the middle of the cage or when he's not basking, there may be something in the cage bothering him. If you just got him, give him some time to settle into his new home. Best of luck :)

I got him last week... I've also seen him bulge his throat when he's basking, I guess it's normal

Do mean like dark stripes? For example my guys head will be all nice and colorful, but then he will turn darker and blackish stripes appear on his head and turrets. If thats what you're talking about it means stress.

Back
Top Bottom