Changing Cages

ChamyLove

My chameleon is just over 6 months old now, and wow is he big! I have been preparing to move him to a larger cage. Currently he is in a 18"x18"x36" terrarium. It is pleanty big for him right now, but I know that in a few months, if he keeps growing at this rate he will need a new one. So he is my question, is a cage that is both long, AND tall better for adult chameleon, or does it not really matter how wide it is? The breeder estimated he would get about 20" long. Thank you!

Most people just go with a 24" by 24" by 48" reptibreeze when their Cham gets big so I would recommend that.

I think tall and wide is best. Of course the usual 24x48 is just fine, but if you build one, I'd go with a36inch wide if possible. I like giving them as much room as possible. We all know they like to be high, so the way I see itis, why not give them more roam room towards the top. Just my .02 cents..

Panther Palace

I think tall and wide is best. Of course the usual 24x48 is just fine, but if you build one, I'd go with a36inch wide if possible. I like giving them as much room as possible. We all know they like to be high, so the way I see itis, why not give them more roam room towards the top. Just my .02 cents..

Thanks! I was looking at the "Panther Palace" from Chameleons Only. It's 40” high x 18” deep x 34” wide

Back
Top Bottom