Changed UVB light

jacksonchamnew

Avid Member
I had the Arcadia 24 Watt HO T5 bulb at 6% for forest dwellers and now I got ZooMed at 5%. I did not want to go to 10% Is my veil going to miss 1%. Bulb was over 6 months old.

No
A veiled should be fine with a 5.0
However, without a UV meter. It's all a guess as to the actual light output and where.
I reccomend a SOLARMETER 5.0 from Josh's Frogs.
20201008_132710.jpg

I had the Arcadia 24 Watt HO T5 bulb at 6% for forest dwellers and now I got ZooMed at 5%. I did not want to go to 10% Is my veil going to miss 1%. Bulb was over 6 months old.
Arcadia bulbs are usual good for almost a year, while Zoo Med bulbs are only good for around 6 months. Of course it’s recommended to get a Solarmeter 6.5 to test them yourself just in case. How far away is your veiled’s basking branch from the UVB? You don’t need the 10.0 unless the bulb is a big distance from the cage. For veileds, the recommended strengths for T5 HO fixtures are either Zoo Med 5.0 or Arcadia 6%. The distance depends on wanted UVI levels and if the bulb doesn’t have a reflector, shares its reflector, and/or how much the screen cage top blocks out

Cham is sleeping but cask is about 7 inches from bulb when he climbs to higher branches in cage.
You’ll want it to be around 8-9” away as a general rule (my mind honestly just went blank, and I can’t find or remember for the life of me if it’s the distance to the top of the back or basking branch, so I’m phoning a friend, @Beman ) Of course other factors change that.

So you will want to measure the distance from the bottom of the light fixture to the branch below it... See where that is. If going through regular aluminum screen your looking at about 8-9 inches to the branch with a single bulb T5HO fixture and a 5.0 bulb to get roughly a 3 UVI level.

So you will want to measure the distance from the bottom of the light fixture to the branch below it... See where that is. If going through regular aluminum screen your looking at about 8-9 inches to the branch with a single bulb T5HO fixture and a 5.0 bulb to get roughly a 3 UVI level.
Thanks for the help! Will log that info away for good!

Back
Top Bottom