Change of environment affect pregnancy?

noahrofsky7

Established Member
Hello,

I keep my chams outside, and one is a gravid female. The weather is going to get a bit more wet and cold, and was wondering A), if they’ll be fine if they stayed outside based off of the weather, and B), would anything such as stress from being moved and being in a new environment altogether cause pregnancy complications?

The weather has been mid to high 60’s during the day, and 50’s at night with the occasional dip into the 40’s. Humidity stays around 50% during the day and is 80%+ at night.

I would be moving them in the garage with t5 uvb lights and a lower wattage heat lamp. This is my main concern. The heat. Since it’s been so cool and humid, will the sudden addition of a heat source like this cause issues?

8BCF7192-AF98-47B8-B642-D6F2B5A50CF4.png

Thanks very much

I have a Jackson’s Xanth as well but I live in Maine so I can’t put him outside. I think if the temps are in the 50 s at night you can leave them out there but they will need a basking light to get them warmed up in the morning so they can digest their food. I’ve never done this so I’ll tag some people in that know better than I. @JacksJill @Mendez @Kaizen

Hello,

I keep my chams outside, and one is a gravid female. The weather is going to get a bit more wet and cold, and was wondering A), if they’ll be fine if they stayed outside based off of the weather, and B), would anything such as stress from being moved and being in a new environment altogether cause pregnancy complications?

The weather has been mid to high 60’s during the day, and 50’s at night with the occasional dip into the 40’s. Humidity stays around 50% during the day and is 80%+ at night.

I would be moving them in the garage with t5 uvb lights and a lower wattage heat lamp. This is my main concern. The heat. Since it’s been so cool and humid, will the sudden addition of a heat source like this cause issues?

View attachment 316148

Thanks very much
You’ll be fine, just do things gradually. 40s at night is fine for jax. Give them the ability to warm up with a basking lamp in the low 80s, and they’ll be fine.

60’s ambient, with the ability to bask in the sun is also fine.

Import or moving to a new cage can bring on complications with pregnancy. Just adding a heat lamp shouldn't cause undue stress.

I have a Jackson’s Xanth as well but I live in Maine so I can’t put him outside. I think if the temps are in the 50 s at night you can leave them out there but they will need a basking light to get them warmed up in the morning so they can digest their food. I’ve never done this so I’ll tag some people in that know better than I. @JacksJill @Mendez @Kaizen
That’s my issue, an upcoming lack of sun on certain days in a row. There are still days that are going to get full sun. Just didn’t want to mess something up.
Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom