Change in poop habits, reason for concern?

csmolins89

Recently my guy has changed his poop habits, I was used to him going at least a couple times a week. About three weeks ago he did not poop for a week. After a couple of warm showers, a warm bath, and a little bit of olive oil on a cricket, he finally pooped, and it was MASSIVE. I almost couldn't believe that it came out of him. Currently, I am on week 2 of no poops. I am starting to get concerned. He still eats so I don't think that it is a blockage of sorts, I am just curious if anyone has had this happen before. My boy is about a year old. Any anecdotes or experiences with this would help me a ton. Thanks!

My male Ambilobe Panther is doing pretty much the same thing, he's about 10 months old now and in the last couple of weeks he's stopped going every day and when he does go they look much smaller and harder than previous, he's also eating less

Temps are 33-35 at his basking spot, he has a dripper running 12 hours a day which he has taken to sitting under for most of the day, and he gets two good 5 minute sprays from a hand sprayer each day, I see him drinking and licking droplets of branches and leaves so I'm pretty confident he's not dehydrated

His change in toilet habits seems to have occurred around the same time as he was treated for pinworm, a precautionary fecal test showed pinworm eggs and nematodes at a low level and the vet prescribed some Pancur paste for him

food

Have you changed what he eats, recently? I had to stop giving Superworms because one of my males got constipated. I also gave him baby food pears. He is fine, now. Good luck!

Have you changed what he eats, recently? I had to stop giving Superworms because one of my males got constipated. I also gave him baby food pears. He is fine, now. Good luck!

There was a week that he was only getting superworms, once I noticed that he wasn't going at his normal pace, I stopped the superworms and now he's on crickets. I will get some baby food pears and see if that helps. Thanks for the advice.

The only time I had issues with such long time periods between bowel movements was when my temps dropped a few degrees. I bumped my temps up to 90 and pooping went back to normal.

The only time I had issues with such long time periods between bowel movements was when my temps dropped a few degrees. I bumped my temps up to 90 and pooping went back to normal.

Interesting. I guess the temp outside has dropped about 10 degrees or so since this all started. Maybe bumping his heat up a little will help as well.

Back
Top Bottom