Chamleon enclosure outside

I always thought about an enclosure for outside. I live in florida so its not to bad here weather wise. I was more concerned about parasites and ants possibly getting inside the enlosure. I built my enclosure when my guy got too big for his other enclosure. Its sealed up good but still a screened enclosure

I think 90 is a bit on the high end. Mine stays at about 50 to 70. I would def make sure to keep a close eye during the evening time. Monitor outside temp. Fortunately with mine i dont have to have any extra heat in the evening. I also have all live plants.

20200426_221105.jpg

As long as its hot enough outside and it doesnt get to cool out there should be fine. I believe the night time temp shouldnt get any lower the 60. Make sure he has enough sunlight to bask and obviously the humidity

If you're at all unsure about it, I might skip it. Or consider taking her out for a few hours (2-4) in the morning before it gets hot. Ambient temperatures are sort of weird - the forecast can say 60 and it can feel like 100 in full sun, and surfaces might even heat up that hot if they are dark. Full sun in 90 degree weather could be lethal if there's no way to escape. I've been taking my panther out for a few hours every morning when the weather is nice, but I've been monitoring him and his surfaces with a temp gun and it can heat up quickly even in dappled sunlight (admittedly California is in a heatwave that's breaking records for April).

Basically, I think you probably could temporarily house your chameleon outside with those temperatures, but there's more to it than just setting the cage outside, and I think you could do more damage than good if you pick the wrong spot. If you're at home and locked down I would just take her out for a few hours in the morning (making sure she can take cover from the sun at all times if she chooses) and bring her back in when it starts to heat up.

If you're at all unsure about it, I might skip it. Or consider taking her out for a few hours (2-4) in the morning before it gets hot. Ambient temperatures are sort of weird - the forecast can say 60 and it can feel like 100 in full sun, and surfaces might even heat up that hot if they are dark. Full sun in 90 degree weather could be lethal if there's no way to escape. I've been taking my panther out for a few hours every morning when the weather is nice, but I've been monitoring him and his surfaces with a temp gun and it can heat up quickly even in dappled sunlight (admittedly California is in a heatwave that's breaking records for April).

Basically, I think you probably could temporarily house your chameleon outside with those temperatures, but there's more to it than just setting the cage outside, and I think you could do more damage than good if you pick the wrong spot. If you're at home and locked down I would just take her out for a few hours in the morning (making sure she can take cover from the sun at all times if she chooses) and bring her back in when it starts to heat up.
Ever time I try taking her out she goes away are bond is getting better she lets me touch her beard and doesn’t get angry how do I get her put without he toeing that’s

Completely agree. I didnt realize it was temporary. Too many different factors. I do the same with mine i bring him outside for a little bit but thats it

Because my th50 bulb is coming in 2 weeks so can I keep her out until then

Back
Top Bottom