Chameloen plants

ChamoNate

Hello all chameleon keepers and enthusiasts, i would like to know what plants are suggested for use in bioactive (or non bioactive) chameleon setups, i will be purchasing a bioactive kit from the bio dude after all my dragonstrand equipment comes in and i will be recieving a ficus tree along with it to plant, but what i would like to know is what other plant suggestions would you guys suggest to accommodate the rest of the cage, it is a 17×17.5×36 medium tall cage for a jacksons chameleon so i don't have a ton of room for massive plants but i was wondering if anyone had any other ideas besides schefflera or pothos or if those are just two of the best

I am VERY happy with the Madagascar jasmine I have- it is twisting and covering everything and supposedly flowers with stringly scented blooms. They aren't cheap but it's growing FAST and my chameleon loves crawling through it.
Stephanotis floribunda

I bought mine from a guy on Ebay for $30

I can take a cutting for you but it'd need a while to root... want me to try? You'd only have to spring for the shipping if I can get it to root.

If you wouldn't mind I'd really appreciate it. If there's anything I can trade you LMK, I have tons of stuff.

This weekend I will take some cuttings and put them in rooting hormone, and we can go from there.
If you would prefer I could take the cutting and put it in a small plastic test tube sealed in an attempt to keep it wet and try to ship it like that. I think that's a long shot but if you want to on your dime I can do it.
Honestly the Ebay option @ $30 is a guarantee but if you have the patience I'll get it started this weekend.

I wouldn't want to charge anything, but from what I read it takes about 10 weeks to fully root. I will get rooting hormone ASAP and start them for everyone. I think a flat rate USPS box would run around $10 or so. My plant is still pretty small so I don't think I could do more than 5 or so cuttings, maybe we should start a thread specifically for this or something. It'd be nice if we could work out a "pay it forward" deal where if you get a cutting you promise to offer others free cuttings (obviously they pay the shipping) as your own plant matures.

Hi! If you see the Madagascar jasmine at Lowes, consider picking up 2 of the $10 ones (and get one for yourself too!) and I'll send you the money for the plants, shipping, and some of my plants back to you (I'll pick up the return shipping) so we both have some genetic diversity.
I'll also send some pups of of the most fragrant air plants in the world (tillandsia durati - http://plantoddities.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-product.cgi?d=plant-oddities&item=78455) . Interested?

Back
Top Bottom