Chameleons sex?

15423357642179178353306198164671.jpg

put it at the bottom of the cage and make sure there are a lot of horizontal branches coming to it

For a regular laying bin I would not use anything smaller than a 12X12X12 or a 14X14X14 and a 16X16X16 would be even better.
You need to have 12 inches of substrate in the bottom of the bin
play sand is a good substrate for lay bins
now saying this ive never actually owed a female veiled before so lets wait for a more experienced member to come and fact check so good luck

I feel so bad because I did all my research on a male chameleon because that's what I wanted... but okay i have a pretty big clear tub I could put in there I just need some dirt or sand.... and its suppose to be wet? Now I'm terrified she will become impacted by the sand... when could I take the ley box out? To get the eggs out.

She needs a lay bin ASAP, get a planter at minimum of 12” diameter and height, but preferably 14-16” diameter and height, the bigger the better. Fill it with thoroughly washed play sand at minimum height of 12”, but preferably deeper. Make branches coming down towards it. You might have to make a starter hole for her. Cover her cage and leave her be, if she senses/sees/hears you, she might not lay and become egg bound. Make sure to give her extra calcium before and after she lays, and extra hydration as well. Don’t over feed her or else it’ll make her clutches larger, which could lead to complications. @jannb has a great blog entry on egg laying and lay bins and the veiled care sheet here has the basics on it. Could you fill out the ask for help form, since females have different care than males.

I feel so bad because I did all my research on a male chameleon because that's what I wanted... but okay i have a pretty big clear tub I could put in there I just need some dirt or sand.... and its suppose to be wet? Now I'm terrified she will become impacted by the sand... when could I take the ley box out? To get the eggs out.
You want it damp, make sure to have drainage in the planter, as well, like drilling holes in the bottom and hot glueing mesh over them so the sand doesn’t fall through

That is a full size moving tote will that be big enough I will put more vines at the bottom I had to rip them out to fit that in there.... and I am going shopping tomorrow morning for some sand.

Back
Top Bottom