Chameleons right eye problem

This is why I suggested a Vet and why I also asked you other questions in your husbandry form. But you never responded. We are not Vets here. We know our husbandry and can help make yours perfect but when it comes to health issues if we say go to a vet we generally mean it.

I know and I apologize for not responding I didn’t mean to. I’m a full time student and I work most days so I don’t have a lot of free time. I am planning on taking him to a vet but the closest reptile vet is about an hour drive so I have to have the time. I understand you guys aren’t vets, but I do know most of the people on here are a lot more experienced than I am. I really do appreciate the help you’ve given me so far though, it’s really helped me out. I am taking him to the vet by the end of the week.
I understand. Just remember we can only help you so much without getting the feedback to questions we ask. I can not do anything more but try to help. But this goes both ways. Without you working with me I can't get any further with trying to teach you important aspects of husbandry. While I understand that you are busy with life and I do get that. You need to know that husbandry for these guys is specific. And without it being done properly the cham starts to decline. It is much easier to correct and adjust prior to major health issues.

Please make sure that the vet actually has reptile/cham experience. Or they could make it worse.

This is why I suggested a Vet and why I also asked you other questions in your husbandry form. But you never responded. We are not Vets here. We know our husbandry and can help make yours perfect but when it comes to health issues if we say go to a vet we generally mean it.

I know and I apologize for not responding I didn’t mean to. I’m a full time student and I work most days so I don’t have a lot of free time. I am planning on taking him to a vet but the closest reptile vet is about an hour drive so I have to have the time. I understand you guys aren’t vets, but I do know most of the people on here are a lot more experienced than I am. I really do appreciate the help you’ve given me so far though, it’s really helped me out. I am taking him to the vet by the end of the week.
In the meantime, you can try and gently remove the stuck piece of shed around the opening of the eye by wetting a cotton swab with water (don’t use warm) and see if you can get it to come off. The vet will be able to check for an infection if one has already formed.

you never want to forcibly remove any piece of shed on your Cham. If the piece around the eye won’t come off after you trying to gently wipe it off and after you’ve tried increasing humidity a bit in the cage, allowing for your Cham and the cage to completely dry off in between mistings, then you’ve done all you can on your end. I want to reiderate though that you’re dealing with his eye And the turret, which are both very sensitive and fragile, and that when you’re trying to wipe off the old shed, you never want to forcibly remove it as it will damage the skin underneath and leave behind open lesions that allow for infection to occur.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom