Chameleons camouflage???

I think more chams camouflage than not, like the pygmys or any of those amazingly beautiful green chams that are out of our reach as pet owners (like Short-nosed Chameleon: Calumma gastrotaenia (if anyone has one available please let me know!)). But I am curious how our panthers camouflage against predators with their bright colors.

That's very interesting - thanks for sharing :) it always amazes me how well adapted animals are to not only their environment but to their predators!

But I am curious how our panthers camouflage against predators with their bright colors.

Build a big walk-in enclosure, and plant the inside like a jungle. Place a colorful panther inside, and come back in 24 hours, and try to spot him. They do a great job of blending in and not easy to see. Unless there's a female in eyesight, or another male close by. Female really have it down, and are sometimes impossible to find. Big green female parson's are the worst, they can dissappear right in front of you.

Last edited:
That is a very interesting article. It is pretty amazing how many different things they can instinctively do.

Thanks for posting, that article is very interesting.

With my female panther I have a hard time every other day trying to find her in a 48" x 48" x 22" cage. She blends in so well, although I almost always find the male in his cage, big difference for sure.

Back
Top Bottom